Hint

  • Larry Barello
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2004
      So, what does everyone make of the hint and the BOM for the reduced cost
      playing field? Some sort of rolling platform that the robots have to jump
      onto? (off of a higher platform)

      The toilet flanges + 3" PVC pipe and all that sched 40 1" PVC pipe are
      reminiscent of 2002 with reflector tape so you can find it. Only three
      castors? Makes for a tippy platform... Unless it is triangular.

      Vmax = 10ft/sec ? Does that imply a 19" drop off somewhere? I suppose
      there could be a platform for each robot to start upon. There is certainly
      enough plywood in the BOM for that + a rolling goal mechanism.

      I wonder if there is going to be some sort of huge bonus point for jumping
      off the platform onto another robot :)

      The 2" sched 40 steel pipe has me worried. Sounds like something to hang
      on...

      ----
      Larry Barello
      http://www.barello.net
    • Eric Stokely
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2004
        I hadn't figured the 19 " drop. Sounds about right.

        I am seeing a ramp, again. But the three casters don't make sense yet.
        I thought at first is was for a gate, but there don't seem to be easy
        ways to hinge it with the mat'l list.

        The rumor mill on CD has been saying stairs..I like stairs. Of course
        the rumor mill is usually wrong.

        BTW what room are we in on Sat? I bet Alex emailled that but I lost it.
        Also will the building/room be open before 7am?

        See everyone Sat (Assuming the 13 inches of snow in Belfair goes away
        by then)

        Eric Stokely

        On Jan 6, 2004, at 5:04 PM, Larry Barello wrote:

        > So, what does everyone make of the hint and the BOM for the reduced
        > cost
        > playing field?  Some sort of rolling platform that the robots have to
        > jump
        > onto? (off of a higher platform)
        >
        > The toilet flanges + 3" PVC pipe and all that sched 40 1" PVC pipe are
        > reminiscent of 2002 with reflector tape so you can find it.  Only three
        > castors?  Makes for a tippy platform...  Unless it is triangular.
        >
        > Vmax = 10ft/sec ?  Does that imply a 19" drop off somewhere?  I suppose
        > there could be a platform for each robot to start upon.  There is
        > certainly
        > enough plywood in the BOM for that + a rolling goal mechanism.
        >
        > I wonder if there is going to be some sort of huge bonus point for
        > jumping
        > off the platform onto another robot :)
        >
        > The 2" sched 40 steel pipe has me worried.  Sounds like something to
        > hang
        > on...
        >
        > ----
        > Larry Barello
        > http://www.barello.net
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > <image.tiff>
        >
        > <image.tiff>
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to theYahoo! Terms of Service.

      • Tom Saxton
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2004
          > The rumor mill on CD has been saying stairs..I like stairs. Of course the
          > rumor mill is usually wrong.

          That could be the significance of the "Stairway to Heaven" lyric.

          --
          Tom Saxton
          saxtont@...