Practice Challenge

  • Issaquah Robotics
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2003
      The mentors for Issaquah High School's FIRST team have created a challenge
      to help our rookie team practice and learn skills for the FIRST competition.
      We thought we'd share it with the group in case other teams are interested
      in using something like this for their teams.

      A description of our challenge is at
      http://www.issaquahrobotics.org/challenge/index.html. We'll try to keep this
      page updated with clarifications/changes as our team works through the
      challenge. If you have questions, please email
      challenge@.... Our main page (www.issaquahrobotics.org)
      also has a section with links to information about the new FIRST Robot
      Controller. We'll be using the new controller from our EDU-Kit as the brains
      for our bot.

      We are not planning to host a competition, but if other groups decide to
      work on this (or a variation), it might be fun/educational to get together
      to see each other's robots. Keep in touch if you decide to try it!

      Cathy Saxton
      saxtonc@...
    • sevans34@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2003
        I think a challenge is a great idea, but as a first year team (team 1294), I suggest a challenge using the controller and motors from the Edu-robot. This would make it eaisier and cheaper for new teams to sharpen thier skills.
      • Tom Saxton
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2003
          We will use the robot controller from the EduBot, but since our team has
          already done a lot with building and programming robots with Lego
          Mindstorms, we wanted to make a bigger jump in complexity than the EduBot
          parts by themselves would allow.

          If you have an idea for a pure EduBot-based challenge, perhaps other teams
          would be interested in that, too. Our team might even want to use it for
          students who have recently joined and don't have the benefit of the training
          we did over the summer.

          --
          Tom Saxton
          saxtont@...