I found a virus and you may have it.

  • Gerardo Ojeda-Ebert
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2003
      We detected the following virus on our computer and deleted it before it
      could cause damage. Since you are in my address book, there is a good chance
      you will find it in your computer too.
      The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee antivirus
      systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It
      is sent automatically by messenger and by address book, whether or not you
      sent e-mail to your contacts.

      Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it.

      YOU MUST DO THIS.
      1. Go to start, find or search option.
      2. In the file folder option, type the name jdbgmgr.exe
      3. Be sure you search your C: drive and all subfolders and any other
      drives you may have.
      4. Click "find now"
      5. The virus has a Teddy Bear icon with the name jdbgmge.exe DO NOT
      OPEN IT!
      6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "select all" to highlight
      the file without opening it.
      7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then go
      to the recycle bin.
      8. IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
      BOOK, SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.

      To do this.
      a) open a new e-mail message
      b) Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
      c) Highlight every name and add to the "BCC" (which means blind copy)
      d) Copy this message and paste to e-mail

      I have followed these directions sent by someone to me and was able to
      easily delete the virus.

      Gerardo Ojeda-Ebert
    • Larry Barello
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22, 2003
        This is a hoax. Ignore it. If you already deleted the file, don't worry. It is a
        minor JAVA file that is easy enough to restore (if you should ever run across the need
        to do so).

        > We detected the following virus on our computer and deleted it before it
        > could cause damage. Since you are in my address book, there is a good chance
        > you will find it in your computer too.
      • PAUL HOLLISTER
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 22, 2003
          I don't get it

          >>> yahoo@... 07/22/03 11:55 AM >>>
          This is a hoax. Ignore it. If you already deleted the file, don't worry. It is a
          minor JAVA file that is easy enough to restore (if you should ever run across the need
          to do so).

          > We detected the following virus on our computer and deleted it before it
          > could cause damage. Since you are in my address book, there is a good chance
          > you will find it in your computer too.

        • Kevin Reed
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 22, 2003

            Kevin