Fw: Washington FIRST Robotics Executive Director

  • Kevin Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18 3:28 PM

      Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 3:24 PM
      Subject: Washington FIRST Robotics Executive Director

      Friends of FIRST in Washington State,

      Due in large part to your tireless efforts and the vision of leaders like Kevin Ross, the FIRST programs have experienced phenomenal growth in Washington State.  From only a handful of teams 14 years ago, together we now support more than 850 teams (JrFLL, FLL, FTC, and FRC).

      As we’ve grown, the FIRST Executive Advisory board has worked behind the scenes to help provide the needed infrastructure and support. In 2011 we formed the Washington FIRST Robotics non-profit organization and hired Michael Campbell as our Executive Director.  With Michael’s help we’ve continued to expand with major competitions spread across the state.

      Last month, Michael shared with the board that he will be stepping down from his role as Executive Director of WFR to move to Europe and spend more time with his family.  On behalf of the board and the entire Washington FIRST Robotics community, I thank Michael for his tremendous contributions and wish him all of the best.

      As we now search for our new Executive Director, I’d like to solicit your support in identifying well qualified candidates.  Please see the attached job description and/or see the link on the FIRST WA website (www.firstwa.org/AboutUs/ExecutiveDirector.aspx ).

      If you or someone you know is interested in being considered for this position, please contact Debbie Little at search@... for an application.

      Thanks for all you do in support of our students and our communities,

      Conrad Ball

      Chairman, Washington FIRST Robotics