Changes to the FLL program

  • Kevin Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2013
      Dear FLL Teams and Supporters,

      The past 7 years in FIRST Lego League have been an amazing time in Washington State. Kevin Reed has done incredible work growing FLL in Washington and we have managed to grow from about 100 teams to 479 teams in that time! As a volunteer, Kevin has put in tremendous effort and time into making FLL a successful and beloved program across the state of Washington.  His contributions to all of Washington FIRST Robotics are extensive and will continue into the future. However, he is now ready for a new challenges and will take on other roles in Washington FIRST Robotics. There is no actual exit strategy from FIRST, so you can expect to see Kevin Reed for many years to come. He is, however, stepping away from day to day operation of FLL.

      We are very happy to announce that effective immediately Willem Scholten will be assuming the role of FIRST Lego League Operational Partner for Washington State. Willem has been working with Kevin Reed to execute high quality FIRST Lego League events for the past couple of years. He has a wide range of knowledge and passion for all FIRST programs and has agreed to be the champion for JrFLL and FLL going forward.

      So your Washington State FIRST Lego League staff going forward consists of

      Willem Scholten – FLL Operational Partner - wscholten@...
      Lindy Baker – FLL Program Coordinator – lindy@...

      Please transition to contacting Willem and Lindy for all of your FLL questions.

      On behalf of our entire FIRST community in Washington State we thank Kevin, Willem, and Lindy for their ongoing contributions to the students of Washington State.

      Kevin Ross
      Founding Chairman
      Washington FIRST Robotics