Fall FRC dates to reserve

  • Dale Yocum
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2013

      I got final approval from all the scheduling folks at Catlin Gabel so here’s what I know about fall dates.  Please forward this to your teams if you’ll be involved:

      9/1/13 BunnyBot 2013 Rules Released

      Yes there will be BunnyBots again this year.   Last year we sold out with 24 robots taking part at Catlin Gabel in Portland and expect the same this year.  We’ve talked to a lot of teams about hosting one in Washington (and elsewhere) but nothing is set.  If a team in the greater Seattle area is interested in doing this let me know.  Some background on BunnyBots can be found at http://www.team1540.org/bunnybots and a video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc7q0a4_seA

      9/7/13 Portland FIRST Force Coaches Meeting (Date Tentative)

      Our start-of-the-season meeting for coaches and leadership students in the Portland Metro area.  The date may flex depending on Deb’s schedule and the FTC kickoff schedule.

      10/19/13 Girls’ Generation

      If we can arrange funding, we’d like to hold back-to-back events 10/19 and 10/20.  As usual, Girls’ Generation is for female members exclusively … they make up the drive teams and work on robots, along with their mentors, in the pits.  The Oregon version is at Catlin Gabel again this year and will be Ultimate Ascent.  Last I heard Bear Metal 2046 is hosting it again on the same day in Maple Valley, WA.  They’ll have their own announcement.  We’ll need sponsors to make it work economically.

      10/20/13 Rookie Rollout

      Since the field is here and all set up, it seems like a great opportunity for a new event, Rookie Rollout.  This is the same Ultimate Ascent game but the drive team and pit crew are restricted to be those who did not have those roles during the competition season.  They can be male or female.  Like Girls’ Generation, the idea is to draw more into the central roles.  Like Girls’ Generation, this depends on funding.

      ??? FIRSTFare

      We have the same theater conflicts as last year so Catlin Gabel can’t host this conference.  I don’t know if Gladstone will be hosting it again or if it needs a new home.

      Dec 21st BunnyBots 2013

      BunnyBots 2013 will be held at Catlin Gabel in Portland.  This is always a great time with a wacky game.  It’s a fantastic way to get new members up to speed.

      January 4th Kickoff?

      It’s not on the FIRST site yet but historically kickoff for 2014 would be the first Saturday of the year.

      Any questions?  Drop me a line.

      Dale Yocum

      Robotics Program Director

      Catlin Gabel School