Re: [pnw-first] Re: Seeking liability insurance Info for a new team

  • Heidi Lovett
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
      Our FTC team is community based and is a 4-H club so that we have insurance. It also means we can avoid some of the challenges that come with being a school group. It also means we cannot apply for school grant money.

      Heidi Lovett
      Executive Director
      Swerve Robotics
      FTC 417 & 6220, FLL Rocket Bots, Jr. FLL Pikabots
      206.679.4305
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 4, 2013, at 7:10 AM, "Davidson, Andrew H" <ahdavidson@...> wrote:

      > We run our team through the school’s ASB as a registered club. That gives us the insurance protection. But mentors still have to sign the requisite forms from the school district to be allowed as volunteers to be with the kids. This involves a Washington State Patrol check of their driver’s license to make sure they have no criminal record (or at least related to minors, I think).
      >
      > • Andy Davidson
      > Coach, FRC Robotics
      > ahdavidson@...<mailto:ahdavidson@...>
      >
      > + Team 4180