Re: {FRC} FRC Kit of Parts Suggestions

  • Dale Yocum
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2012
      For what it's worth I've always thought FIRST should get out of the KOP business. None of the other programs have such a thing. I'd much rather have a lower registration fee and just have a list of parts that are allowed or not. You could do an expanded FIRST Choice if you like.

      We always end up of with tons of parts we don't use which isn't good for the environment, our budget (with higher reg fees) or our storage. Neither FLL or FTC have a KOP, why does FRC?

      I'd also suggest they release the general list of parts you are allowed to use a month BEFORE kickoff at least so teams could order parts they know they'll use before the big day. That would save on shipping. FTC teams know they'll use Tetrix parts, FLL teams know they'll use Lego. FRC teams should be able to count on a base set of parts without guessing.

      While you are there, could you make a pitch for posting the kickoff video on YouTube at like 8:00am PST? For west coast teams that can't attend a kickoff it's huge issue to watch the kickoff live.

      Cheers,
      Dale