FRC multi-tool survey

  • jakedusek1
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2012
      Hey everyone,

      Me and a fellow FIRST alumni are working on a design for a multi-tool that is custom catered to the Robotics market and primarily the FRC/FTC market. To do this we are trying to get a grasp from a wide variety of teams, students, and mentors on what hand tools they feel are used most commonly and what tools on a more traditional pocket knife/multi-tool sit unused. If you wouldn't mind taking a couple minutes to fill out this survey we would greatly appreciate your input. The survey can be found at

      http://www.tinyurl.com/FRCmultitool

      Feel free to forward this message along to anyone else affiliated with robotics (even if it is not FIRST). We really want to create a product that everyone involved with FIRST will love for years to come, so the more data the better.

      Thank you for time and help.
      Sincerely,

      Jake Dusek

      360 Alumni
      WPI Robotics/Mechanical Engineering Major

      P.S. Good luck to everyone competing in Spokane this weekend, and in St. Louis in a couple weeks.
    • Daniel Rosenstein
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2012
        This is a good idea!

        I have found no single tool as useful as the Philips head screwdriver on a Swiss army knife. For some reason the design effectively grabs the largest set of screw heads, including very small ones on electronic devices

        A good flat blade screwdriver that has significant versatility for many different sizes.

        A good pair of scissors, even if the blade is short. Ideally these should also strip wire well.

        Wire thickness gauge

        Thread pitch gauge

        Pliers that double as hex head wrench

        Thanks and good luck,

        Dan

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2012
          Jake
          Please let me know your survey results as I would like
          to share them with the Leatherman company here in Portland
          Deb

          Debra Mumm-Hill
          FIRST Pacific NW Director

          Sent from my iPhone