FIRSTFare Speaking Opportunities

  • Dale Yocum
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2010

      We’ve got a good list of presenters lined up for FIRSTFare, the FIRST conference Oct 30th at Catlin Gabel in Portland.  We have room for more, though.  If you know folks with deep knowledge in a FIRST-related topic and good presentation skills have them contact me.  Presenters typically need to have been through at least one FRC season associated with a team.

      A few ideas:

      FRC Electrical Overview

      Labview Overview

      Sensors for the FRC control system (survey of the kinds of sensors out there and how you would interface them)

      EFFECTIVELY using the FRC Camera with Java or Labview or C++

      Creating custom dashboards in Labview

      Marketing (some of this will be covered in the Fundrasing talk).

      Manipulators (arms, ball handling, etc.)

      PID Control

      People Management in a FRC environment (experienced coaches with extensive people management experience)

      I’d also love to hear from folks with an interest in presenting on other topics related to FRC.

      We have folks doing sessions on Java, Drive Trains, Chairman’s, Web design, Rapid Prototyping, Fundraising, Competitive Analysis, Project Management, Pneumatics, FRC Wireless Communication, AutoCAD Inventor, BunnyBots, and Girls Generation.

      Cheers,

      Dale Yocum