Gyroscope needed

  • Larry Barello
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
      If any team in the Seattle area is not planning on using their
      gyroscope, Team 492 sure could use it.

      Thanks!
      ----
      Larry Barello
      FIRST Team #492
      www.titanrobotics.net
    • Eric Stokely
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2003
        So far we are using it but If that changes I'll let you know.

        While we are on the subject. If anyone has 1 extra wheel chair wheel
        (that came in the kit) team 360 has a need for it. We can
        trade...something for it :-)

        Drill, weld, move, unbolt, change....what a contest

        Eric Stokely
        Team 360
        On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 05:45 PM, Larry Barello wrote:

        > If any team in the Seattle area is not planning on using their
        > gyroscope, Team 492 sure could use it.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > ----
        > Larry Barello
        > FIRST Team #492
        > www.titanrobotics.net

      • Kevin Ross
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2003
          We are also thinking about using ours. Any thoughts on good ways to mount it?

          We are finding if we mount the gyro low, near the center of rotation of the robot, that we don't get a very good deflection. Mounting it high (~38" off the ground) seems to work a little better.

          Kevin

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2003
            It turns out ours wasn't toasted after all.  Just a persistent wiring error.  We simply bolted ours to the frame on one side near the back.  You can see it in this photograph, slightly:

            http://www.barello.net/FIRST/Images/week5.htm

            Third to last picture.

            We are using it for yaw stabilization and for precise turns when wheel slippage might be an issue.  The output of the gyro is very noisy if you don't filter it.  We are using a 10k resistor and a .1uf capacitor low pass filter.

            Cheers!