Re: [pnw-first] Field Of Dreams and SEAttle JPF

  • brog@thomsens.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
      Kevin : I assume you have heard about the Practice Field here off Rainier
      in Seattle. I have helped there Sat and today..it is moving along great
      with the huge help of one mentor and a few key team members. Also today
      there were at least ten folks building and assembling.
      Do you wish or need any suggestions as to tools, total workforce and such.
      I am thinking I could send or get you some pictures and even copies of cut
      drawings the mentor here has already done ..you know to either save you
      time or to use a double chk your calcs and cutlists etc.
      Like for the midField bumper things and etc.

      I have only been assembler and carpet roll out so perhaps all the cut
      lists are spec'd out on the FiRST supplied drawings.

      Also are you aware of source of free carpet, like the Habitat for HUmanity
      on 99 down around Harbor island ( on Idaho street) Last i looked they had
      half doz rolls sitting outside for the taking, low loop/pile. ( also have
      5$ / yd inside much.

      So your build weekend is before Feb 13/14 or?
      Let me know I could perhaps help if need be?
      Brogan, a volunteer down in Seattle, Field supervisor for few yrs.

      OH I see next weekend as in Feb 6..7th I will be out of town then whoops

      Brogan

      On Sun, January 31, 2010 1:47 pm, kcrader321 wrote:

      > The Field of dreams is now a reality, and as the movie states, build it
      > and they will come. Now we need your help to build. Over the past
      > couple of weeks, we have had an incredible amount of support to assist us
      > in getting a North End FRC Practice field built. We will have the key
      > and money, collect all of the building materials during the week and
      > hopefully build the field next Saturday. We have been given district
      > funding to build the field and also the use of the old Lynn 4 Theatre
      > complex. The location is just south of 196th in and Hwy 99 in Lynnwood –
      > 19802 Hwy 99.
      > What we need from you is human labor, from mentors and students to assist
      > us in getting the field open and ready to be in full swing on February 13
      > and 14th. Our goal is to have the field up and running during the
      > following week as well as on both the 20th and 21st of February.
      >
      > This is a big undertaking and LHS 2522 and MTHS 1778 are willing to take
      > this project on but need everyone's assistance in building the field this
      > Saturday from 9:00 am until it is done. Again, there is no financial
      > obligation to your team other than possibly assisting in bringing some
      > food for the teams during weekend playtime.
      >
      > Please reply back to k.crader@... by Feb. 3rd so we can plan
      > accordingly for the work party, some sort of lunch will be provided
      > Please let Kevin know the availability of mentors and students that will
      > be able to assist us. A special thanks to Marla Miller, Mark Madison,
      > and Cynthia Nelson for making this dream a reality.
      >
      > Regards
      >

      > Kevin Crader, Brad Nelson, Lindy Baker, and Cynthia Nelson
      >

      > Kevin Crader's Cell – 206-499-3259
      > Bradley Nelson's Cell - 425-210-7737
      > Lindy Baker - 425-239-9010

    • Kevin Winter
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2010
        Kevin,

        Thank you for such a gracious invitation.  Team 2930 (Glacier Peak) would like to help.  We will be bringing 2 students with us for a couple hours on Saturday.  I am sorry that I cannot give more than that.  The rest of our team will be working on our robot.  Unfortunately, we are behind schedule.

        Kevin Winter
        Team Advisor (2930)

        Please reply back to k.crader@verizon. net by Feb. 3rd so we can plan accordingly for the work party, some sort of lunch will be provided Please let Kevin know the availability of mentors and students that will be able to assist us. A special thanks to Marla Miller, Mark Madison, and Cynthia Nelson for making this dream a reality.

        Regards

        Kevin Crader, Brad Nelson, Lindy Baker, and Cynthia Nelson

        Kevin Crader's Cell – 206-499-3259
        Bradley Nelson's Cell - 425-210-7737
        Lindy Baker - 425-239-9010

      • Bradley Nelson
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2010
          Thanks Kevin,

          Just so those who affected/interested know. We will be working on the field beginning tomorrow (Friday) at 9:00 a.m. Saturday same time and Sunday will depend on what still needs doing.

          Thanks so much for the great response.

          Brad