Re: [pnw-first] Pacific Northwest Regional

  • Juel Erickson
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2003
      Suggestion: that each team take care of their own food needs. I just
      outreaches even one team captains capability to provide food just for their
      team of 20. There are plenty of food outfits within 5 min. of the UW.
      Dave Kessler Team #824

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 1, 2003
        Seems like a good idea, food wise

        I would like to see us make use of the fact that a variety of teams
        will be there and we can exchange ideas. Most of us will be buried for
        most of the 6 weeks. I was connected to a team in San Jose for 3 years.
        The teams down there go all out for the kick off, work shops,
        programming classes. Almost as good as what I've seen in Manchester.
        I'm not expecting us to do that in a few days but simply hanging out
        and sharing ideas is helpful to everybody (of course you can keep your
        really secret ideas to your self :-) )

        This should be fun. Alot more than driving back sat night from san jose
        anyway :-)

        Later

        Eric Stokely
        Team 360
        On Wednesday, January 1, 2003, at 09:10 PM, Juel Erickson wrote:

        > Suggestion:  that each team take care of their own food needs.  I just
        > outreaches even one team captains capability to provide food just for
        > their
        > team of 20.  There are plenty of food outfits within 5 min. of the UW.
        > Dave Kessler Team #824

        <image.tiff>

      • kiwi_manager
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 7, 2004
          Congratulations to all of the Northwest teams!!!!!!!!

          I am on team 1294 and as a rookie team we all never thought we would
          end up finishing in the 2nd place alliance! It was a very fun and
          exciting experience for the whole team. It was really fun for me to
          be the driver, and be right in the middle of all the excitement on
          the field.

          Congratulations to all the other teams as well. I think that the
          teams that Seattle Robotics Society mentored cleaned up.

          To my knowlege I think there were 6 teams mentored by SRS members.
          360 (Eric Stokely), 492 (Larry Barello), 1039 (Kevin Ross), 1318
          (Kathy and Tom Saxton), 949 (Jim Wright), and 1294 (Jim Wright and
          Steve Evans).

          All 6 of these teams made the quarterfinals. And 3 of these teams
          (360, 492, and 1318) were alliance captains. So SRS was 6 for 6 in
          teams making the quarter finals. This is an awesome accomplishment.

          1294 and 492 squared off in the finals, and it was cool to see two
          local teams being right there in the finals.

          A big thank you to 1433 for picking us in the finals, and for 753
          for being awesome alliance partners. You guys were both awesome
          alliance partners, and we almost won! It was an awesome experience.

          Congratulations to all the teams that were in Portland, and good
          luck to all that are going on to other regionals, and or nationals.
        • Eric Stokely
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 7, 2004
            Well said.

            In addition, the top seed and winner of the PNW regional was our own
            Titans, team 492. Larry B's team. The had been in the position before
            of making it to the finals and having fate strike them down. It was
            long over due for them. Three Cheers!!

            I hope that they consider going to the Championship (I was corrected
            several times by FIRST employees that the event in Atlanta is not to be
            refered to as the Nationals, but the Championship event :- )

            We haven't been there in a while so we were a Tier 1 team and decided
            to use that as our second regional.

            To all the Rookies....That was what we have been talking about.

            Great fun

            Eric Stokely
            Team 360

            On Mar 7, 2004, at 1:15 PM, kiwi_manager wrote:

            > Congratulations to all of the Northwest teams!!!!!!!!
            >
            > I am on team 1294 and as a rookie team we all never thought we would
            > end up finishing in the 2nd place alliance! It was a very fun and
            > exciting experience for the whole team. It was really fun for me to
            > be the driver, and be right in the middle of all the excitement on
            > the field.
            >
            > Congratulations to all the other teams as well. I think that the
            > teams that Seattle Robotics Society mentored cleaned up.
            >
            > To my knowlege I think there were 6 teams mentored by SRS members.
            > 360 (Eric Stokely), 492 (Larry Barello), 1039 (Kevin Ross), 1318
            > (Kathy and Tom Saxton), 949 (Jim Wright), and 1294 (Jim Wright and
            > Steve Evans).
            >
            > All 6 of these teams made the quarterfinals. And 3 of these teams
            > (360, 492, and 1318) were alliance captains. So SRS was 6 for 6 in
            > teams making the quarter finals. This is an awesome accomplishment.
            >
            > 1294 and 492 squared off in the finals, and it was cool to see two
            > local teams being right there in the finals.
            >
            > A big thank you to 1433 for picking us in the finals, and for 753
            > for being awesome alliance partners. You guys were both awesome
            > alliance partners, and we almost won! It was an awesome experience.
            >
            > Congratulations to all the teams that were in Portland, and good
            > luck to all that are going on to other regionals, and or nationals.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > <l.gif>
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > Service.

          • Dave Montague
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 7, 2004
              Message
              Team 492 made a decision at about 6pm last night to go to the championship event.  (We had to choose between shipping our robot to Bellevue or to Atlanta).

              They seem to be using a different numbering scheme for the teams going to the championship event (low numbers)...

              Dave M
[...]

              • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

            • Jim Wright
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 8, 2004
                Congratulations to 492 and 1294.

                By that way it looks like I have most all of the matches (with about six cut off somehow for disc changes).  The quality of the video this year is a bit off, the video people were having problems with the color (some of the time the color was way to hot and we all look like we have sun burns).   I will be slicing and dicing in the following weeks.

                -Jim
                PS Who is going to nationals and do they need to borrow the DVD burner?

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 9, 2004
                  It seams that my e-mail is not working right.  Here is my e-mail again.

                  By the way if you are a team going to nationals give me a yell,  I would like to get your discs out faster than others so you can review 'game footage' you guys can also give me a list of matches you would like to see (other than yours).

                  I'm waiting on the FIRST web site to have the match list so I can start compiling discs.

                  -Jim

                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 10, 2004
                    360 is going to Championship

                    Would love the discs early if possible :-)

                    Eric
                    On Mar 9, 2004, at 10:15 PM, Jim Wright wrote:

                    > <image.tiff>

                  • Tom Saxton
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 10, 2004
                      > I'm waiting on the FIRST web site to have the match list so I can start
                      > compiling discs.

                      I have the paper list of all the qualifying matches. I could fax it over, or
                      blast the team numbers into a spreadsheet.

                      --
                      Tom Saxton
                      saxtont@...
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 10, 2004
                        Tom,

                        Could you blast it into a spread sheet, I don't have a fax machine.

                        -Jim
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 10, 2004
                          I'm not sure if this helps, but here's an Excel workbook with all of the
                          qualification matches. One sheet is arranged by match number, another shows
                          the matches sorted by team numbers. There's another sheet with the team
                          names and numbers, which is used to generate the names that appear on the
                          first sheet.

                          On the first sheet, I filled in the scores for the matches we were in.

                          --
                          Tom Saxton
                          saxtont@...
                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 10, 2004
                            Tom,

                            This is exactly what I need to cut the DVD's into individual team DVD's thanks.

                            -Jim