Vex Robotics Competition Tournament in Redmond

  • Rick Tyler
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2009
      Hello Robot Folks,

      Our team is sponsoring a VRC tournament at Redmond High School on March 14, and we'd like to invite you to participate.  I know most of you are doing FRC and FTC this year, but I also know a lot of you have crates of Vex parts.  We picked March 14 so it would not interfere with either the Seattle or Portland FRC events.

      The game is called Elevation: http://www.vexrobotics.com/vex-competitions.shtml, and is pretty straight-forward (hint: think "tank tracks").  It uses the Vex control system and can be programmed with Easy C or RobotC, so simple communications and familiar software platforms.  If you want to participate, you can stop by our build site in Bellevue and use our practice field, too.

      I would be more than pleased if any of you wanted to compete.  You can sign up at http://robotevents.com/program.php?event_id=1&sortid=8.  Compared to FIRST, it's a bargain, too.  You could register two teams with Vex for $100, and our tournament is only $50 per team.  For $200 and your existing Vex parts, you can field two teams.  I'm sure an experienced FRC team could build a winning VRC robot in a week.

      If you have any questions, please contact me, and let me know if you are registering.

      Thanks,

      Rick Tyler
      Mentor, Explorer Post 2036, the Exothermics Robotics Club
      (425) 591-8205