IS Invitational II

  • Veda Moretti
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2002

      My name is Veda Moretti, and I am a mentor with the International School’s Titan Robotics Club (Team #492). I have worked with both Dave Montague and Larry Barello with the TRC. We would like to invite you to the IS Invitational II, scheduled for Friday, November 8th, 2002 at the International School in Bellevue. Before you panic that it’s such short notice, we propose using robots constructed for previous FIRST competitions (the last two years). There would be no new engineering required, just a tune up of an existing model. Our objectives are two-fold: 1) to give local teams a practice build period and contest prior to this school year’s FIRST competition, and 2) promote FIRST in the area.

      We have not yet finalized the contest details, but anticipate that there will be some sort of race (probably a shuttle style, there-and-back), a maze through cones and a maneuverability contest (pushing a ball or box). The details will be sorted out soon. In the meantime, it is important for us to know who is interested in participating. Please respond as soon as possible so we can get the planning under way. You are welcome to enter more than one team in the competition.

      If you are interested in participating, please contact Pedro Huitema, CEO of the TRC, as soon as possible. (425) 454-5704; pedro@.... You may also contact me (vedam@...).