FIRST Kit and Kickoff Preferences Deadline Reminder!

  • Deb Mumm-Hill
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2008

      I may be duplicating this email to some of you, but wanted to be sure ALL TEAMS see this email as it is critical you have registered for a Kick off by Friday, Dec 5 in order to receive your Kit of Parts.   Registering for a local kick off allows for FREE shipping for the Kit of Parts and is a great deal of fun to attend!

      Jan 3 Kick off Locations:
      Bellevue WA
      Eastern WA Univ (Spokane area)
      La Sells Center - Oregon State University
      Oregon City High School

      Let me know if you have questions after reading below info -  Deb Mumm-Hill

      Greetings Teams:

      This is a reminder that the "Kit and Kickoff Preferences" in the Team Information Management System (TIMS)  will close this Friday, December 5, 2008.

      All Kit Shipping information must be accurate by this date as the packing and palletizing process for shipment will start next week.  Once Kits are palletelized, FIRST can not accept any changes to your shipping selections.

      Please read the following important selection details, especially if you are a new/rookie team this year:

      • Your team can attend more than one Kickoff.  For example, if your team is planning to fly members to the Manchester, NH Kickoff, other members of your team can also attend a Local Kickoff and pick up your Kit of Parts (KOP) there;
      • If your team chooses to fly members to the Manchester Kickoff,they will not be able to take the KOP back on the plane.  We recommend you send other adult team members to a Local Kickoff to collect the KOP OR select "Team Shipping Address (team pays shipping cost)"* for your KOP shipment;  .
      • We highly encourage Rookie Teams to send two (2) adult team leaders to the Manchester, NH Kickoff to attend the workshops!  Workshop Information can be found at: http://www.usfirst.org/community/firstplace/content.aspx?id=11192

      *Team Shipping Address (team pays shipping cost approx. $500) - if you have chosen this selection, please make sure:

      • You have a valid FedEx or UPS shipping account number in TIMS.  If this number is not entered or is inaccurate, your kit cannot be shipped!!
      • Your Shipping Contact's shipping address is accurate in TIMS - this is where the KOP will be shipped.
      • Your can expect to receive your Kit starting the week after Kickoff, however, if you are an international team your delivery will depend on customs clearance.

      Surrogate Kit Pickup Option

      If your team is unable to pick up its KOP at the selected Kickoff, an alternate team may do so on your behalf. The team unable to attend must provide FIRST with an authorization letter, signed by the main contact, on school or sponsor letterhead.

      Fax the letter to Team Support at 603-666-3907 no later than December 31st, 2008 5:00 pm EST, and send a hard copy to FIRST, Attn: Team Support, 200 Bedford Street, Manchester, NH 03101.  The letter must include the following:

      1.) Your team number and the pick-up location;
      2.) The name and team number of the representative picking up the KOP.
      3.) Provide a copy of the Surrogate Kit Pickup letter to the team representative picking up the KOP for your team.  This representative must bring the letter to the appropriate Kickoff.

      Thank you all.

      Go Teams!

      --
      FIRST Robotics Competition

      Phone 1-800-871-8326 ext. 0
      Fax 603-666-3907
      frcteams@...
      www.usfirst.org

    • Kevin Ross
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2008
        You had best send this to the team contacts. Only about 70% are on pnw-first

        Kevin

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2008
          Digipen is willing to have a Saturday tutorial session on 3D Studio Max. They have Dec 13th available.

          I am looking for a volunteer to coordinate this. Many of us are doing FLL that day, and won't be available. If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

          Email me if you can help!

          Kevin