Spinning up for the year

  • Kevin Ross
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2008
      Hello everyone,

      Hope you are enjoying your summer so far. I am. Actually, I have been away for the past month and a half. If you have sent me email, I will be wading through all of it starting on this coming Monday.

      Two things are on the immediate horizon:

      -    Mentor/Team Leader meeting
      -    LabView training seminars

      1) Mentor / Team Leader meeting

      We are going to start our monthly last Thursday of the month mentor meetings on Thursday, July 31st at 6pm in Redmond

      Roundtable Pizza
      15025 NE 24th St
      Redmond, WA 98052
      (425) 644-7117
      Get directions

      Topics of discussion for this meeting:

      -) Training sessions for new mentors
      -) Pre-Season kickoff event November 22nd, 2008
      -) Fundraising
      -) Gossip and rumors about FIRST

      Deb Mumm-Hill, our FIRST regional director, will be there as well.

      2) There will be a LabView training session on July 29th

      The nice folks at National Instruments are going to have some training sessions on LabView for the FIRST community over the next few months. In case you didn't know, the programming environment next year is completely different than previous years. New controller. New software.

      We know for sure the session July 29th from 1pm to 4pm. These are free sessions. There are likely to be others soon, so if you can't make it, we will have other opportunities. We are in great luck as the area sales manager, Steve Summers, knows us (he has been a FLL judge in the past) and understands what we do. He will provide us with first class support.

      There are 25 slots for this training session.  PLEASE, coordinate with your team leaders about who is going. I would prefer we limit this session to 1 student and 1 mentor from each team. We may be able to make room if it doesn't full.

      (or you can use http://tinyurl.com/59wqse )

      To help us out, please fill in your Company Name with FRC#### where #### is your team number when you register on the site.

      Thanks, hope you see you soon.

      Kevin

    • Kevin Ross
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2008
        Hello everyone,

        (This is a resend. Apparently a link from my last attempt managed to get
        stuck in a lot of spam filters.)

        http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/nievn.ni?action=display_offerings_by_event&event_id=34842&state=WA&site=NIC&node=61110&l=US

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 23, 2008
          We have two things happening next week:

          > 1) Mentor / Team Leader meeting
          >
          > We are going to start our monthly last Thursday of the month mentor
          > meetings
          > on Thursday, July 31st at 6pm in Redmond
          >
          > Roundtable Pizza
          > 15025 NE 24th St
          > Redmond, WA 98052
          > (425) 644-7117
          > Get directions
          >
          > Topics of discussion for this meeting:
          >
          > -) Training sessions for new mentors
          > -) Pre-Season kickoff event November 22nd, 2008
          > -) Fundraising
          > -) Gossip and rumors about FIRST

          If you are planning on attending, please send me a quick note at
          kevinro@... so I can get a quick headcount. This meeting is open to
          mentors and team leaders (however you wish to define that). We will talk
          about several upcoming things, and hopefully get a chance to plan some
          stuff.

          > 2) There will be a LabView training session on July 29th
          >
          > The nice folks at National Instruments are going to have some training
          > sessions on LabView for the FIRST community over the next few months. In
          > case you didn't know, the programming environment next year is completely
          > different than previous years. New controller. New software.

          This event filled up very quickly. We are working on a bigger event for
          August 16th (Saturday). We don't have all the details yet, but are
          relatively sure it will happen on the 16th.

          If you registered for the 29th, and are NOT planning on attending, please
          let us know. There is a very long waiting list of people waiting to get into
          the class, and we need to make use of this space.

          Kevin