Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: FIRST day at the SRS

Expand Messages
  • Jim Wright
    Hello all you F.I.R.S.T. people!, A couple of questions have popped up. This is the normal SRS meeting presentation slot, it s about 45-60 minutes long (kinda
    Message 1 of 10 , May 9, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      Hello all you F.I.R.S.T. people!,

      A couple of questions have popped up. This is the normal SRS meeting
      presentation slot, it's about 45-60 minutes long (kinda around
      11:00am ish to 12:00 noon ish). We will have a lot of FRC teams and
      a couple of FTC teams and hopefully some of the FLL teams. I'm not
      sure how I can break the 60 minutes up into parts for everyone. If
      there looks like there will be more speakers than time I may have to
      limit everyone a little, we will see. One thing I may do is ask 488,
      1318 and 1983 (Chair' Award and Eng' Insp' winners) (if they are
      there) to speak first, switch to the FTC and FLL teams, and then fill
      in the end with as many FRC teams as time allows.

      The 60 minute presentation will give the SRS a good overview of
      teams' robots, however the real knowledge transfer takes place after
      the 60 minutes, where members will look more closely at the robots
      and ask a lot more questions. SRS members will ask as many questions
      as you have time for, if you have a time commitment feel free to
      leave at any time you need to.

      I hope this helps.

      -Jim


      --- In pnw-first@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Wright" <SRS@...> wrote:
      >
      > Yep, a show off your 'bots day. The fact that we finish building
      > these things let alone in 6 weeks is really impressive and the SRS
      > members really like seeing them.
      >
      > -Jim
      >
      > --- In pnw-first@yahoogroups.com, Eric Stokely <estokely@> wrote:
      > >
      > > OK I may be wrong but I am reading this as a "show off the bot"
      day
      > >
      > > Where learning at jims is still in June
      > >
      > > If I am wrong, well, that isn't a new experience :-)
      > >
      > > Eric Stokely
      > > Team 360
      > > On Apr 24, 2008, at 6:49 PM, Ryan Cahoon wrote:
      > >
      > > >
      > > > Is the "Learning at Jim's" gyro autonomous session being moved
      > to
      > > > May, or is this just a show off your 'bots day?
      > > >
      > > > --Ryan
      > > >
      > > > On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Jim Wright <SRS@>
      > > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello all,
      > > >
      > > > Say, I would like to invite all of us to the May SRS meeting to
      > show
      > > > off our robots.
      > > >
      > > > The meeting will be held at 10:00am to 12:00ish (really 1:00pm-
      > ish,
      > > > and kinda 2:00pm-ish) at the Renton Technical College K-201. On
      > > > Saturday May 17th.
      > > >
      > > > -Jim
      > > >
      > > >
      > >
      >
    • Eric Stokely
      Well thought out Jim, I recall the days when we worried about all 8 teams in the state showing up :-) Glad to see the inclusion of FLL and FTC Eric Stokely FRC
      Message 2 of 10 , May 11, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        Well thought out Jim,

        I recall the days when we worried about all 8 teams in the state showing up :-)

        Glad to see the inclusion of FLL and FTC

        Eric Stokely
        FRC Team 360
        FTC Team 394 (2007)


        On May 9, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Jim Wright wrote:

        Hello all you F.I.R.S.T. people!,

        A couple of questions have popped up. This is the normal SRS meeting 
        presentation slot, it's about 45-60 minutes long (kinda around 
        11:00am ish to 12:00 noon ish). We will have a lot of FRC teams and 
        a couple of FTC teams and hopefully some of the FLL teams. I'm not 
        sure how I can break the 60 minutes up into parts for everyone. If 
        there looks like there will be more speakers than time I may have to 
        limit everyone a little, we will see. One thing I may do is ask 488, 
        1318 and 1983 (Chair' Award and Eng' Insp' winners) (if they are 
        there) to speak first, switch to the FTC and FLL teams, and then fill 
        in the end with as many FRC teams as time allows. 

        The 60 minute presentation will give the SRS a good overview of 
        teams' robots, however the real knowledge transfer takes place after 
        the 60 minutes, where members will look more closely at the robots 
        and ask a lot more questions. SRS members will ask as many questions 
        as you have time for, if you have a time commitment feel free to 
        leave at any time you need to.

        I hope this helps.

        -Jim

        --- In pnw-first@yahoogrou ps.com, "Jim Wright" <SRS@...> wrote:
        >
        > Yep, a show off your 'bots day. The fact that we finish building 
        > these things let alone in 6 weeks is really impressive and the SRS 
        > members really like seeing them.
        > 
        > -Jim
        > 
        > --- In pnw-first@yahoogrou ps.com, Eric Stokely <estokely@> wrote:
        > >
        > > OK I may be wrong but I am reading this as a "show off the bot" 
        day
        > > 
        > > Where learning at jims is still in June
        > > 
        > > If I am wrong, well, that isn't a new experience :-)
        > > 
        > > Eric Stokely
        > > Team 360
        > > On Apr 24, 2008, at 6:49 PM, Ryan Cahoon wrote:
        > > 
        > > >
        > > > Is the "Learning at Jim's" gyro autonomous session being moved 
        > to 
        > > > May, or is this just a show off your 'bots day?
        > > >
        > > > --Ryan
        > > >
        > > > On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Jim Wright <SRS@> 
        > > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello all,
        > > >
        > > > Say, I would like to invite all of us to the May SRS meeting to 
        > show
        > > > off our robots.
        > > >
        > > > The meeting will be held at 10:00am to 12:00ish (really 1:00pm-
        > ish,
        > > > and kinda 2:00pm-ish) at the Renton Technical College K-201. On
        > > > Saturday May 17th.
        > > >
        > > > -Jim
        > > >
        > > >
        > >
        >


      • Donna Lew
        488 will try to keep our comments brief ... now I am not known to be w/o words. :=) See you May 17th. We will bring OCHO and the meccanum chassis. Donna Y.
        Message 3 of 10 , May 11, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          488 will try to keep our comments brief ... now I am not known to be w/o words. :=)  See you May 17th. We will bring OCHO and the meccanum chassis.

          Donna Y. Lew 206 972-4119


          To: pnw-first@yahoogroups.com
          From: estokely@...
          Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 11:54:32 -0700
          Subject: Re: [pnw-first] Re: FIRST day at the SRS

          Well thought out Jim,

          I recall the days when we worried about all 8 teams in the state showing up :-)

          Glad to see the inclusion of FLL and FTC

          Eric Stokely
          FRC Team 360
          FTC Team 394 (2007)


          On May 9, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Jim Wright wrote:

          Hello all you F.I.R.S.T. people!,

          A couple of questions have popped up. This is the normal SRS meeting 
          presentation slot, it's about 45-60 minutes long (kinda around 
          11:00am ish to 12:00 noon ish). We will have a lot of FRC teams and 
          a couple of FTC teams and hopefully some of the FLL teams. I'm not 
          sure how I can break the 60 minutes up into parts for everyone. If 
          there looks like there will be more speakers than time I may have to 
          limit everyone a little, we will see. One thing I may do is ask 488, 
          1318 and 1983 (Chair' Award and Eng' Insp' winners) (if they are 
          there) to speak first, switch to the FTC and FLL teams, and then fill 
          in the end with as many FRC teams as time allows. 

          The 60 minute presentation will give the SRS a good overview of 
          teams' robots, however the real knowledge transfer takes place after 
          the 60 minutes, where members will look more closely at the robots 
          and ask a lot more questions. SRS members will ask as many questions 
          as you have time for, if you have a time commitment feel free to 
          leave at any time you need to.

          I hope this helps.

          -Jim

          --- In pnw-first@yahoogrou ps.com, "Jim Wright" <SRS@...> wrote:
          >
          > Yep, a show off your 'bots day. The fact that we finish building 
          > these things let alone in 6 weeks is really impressive and the SRS 
          > members really like seeing them.
          > 
          > -Jim
          > 
          > --- In pnw-first@yahoogrou ps.com, Eric Stokely <estokely@> wrote:
          > >
          > > OK I may be wrong but I am reading this as a "show off the bot" 
          day
          > > 
          > > Where learning at jims is still in June
          > > 
          > > If I am wrong, well, that isn't a new experience :-)
          > > 
          > > Eric Stokely
          > > Team 360
          > > On Apr 24, 2008, at 6:49 PM, Ryan Cahoon wrote:
          > > 
          > > >
          > > > Is the "Learning at Jim's" gyro autonomous session being moved 
          > to 
          > > > May, or is this just a show off your 'bots day?
          > > >
          > > > --Ryan
          > > >
          > > > On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Jim Wright <SRS@> 
          > > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello all,
          > > >
          > > > Say, I would like to invite all of us to the May SRS meeting to 
          > show
          > > > off our robots.
          > > >
          > > > The meeting will be held at 10:00am to 12:00ish (really 1:00pm-
          > ish,
          > > > and kinda 2:00pm-ish) at the Renton Technical College K-201. On
          > > > Saturday May 17th.
          > > >
          > > > -Jim
          > > >
          > > >
          > >
          >




        • Ryan Cahoon
          2046 will be there with Catalyst. We d like to do a demo of some of the camera recognition code we developed, but didn t end up using, if there s time. We ll
          Message 4 of 10 , May 13, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            2046 will be there with Catalyst. We'd like to do a demo of some of
            the camera recognition code we developed, but didn't end up using, if
            there's time. We'll try to keep it short.

            --Ryan

            On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Donna Lew <donna_yip_lew@...> wrote:
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > 488 will try to keep our comments brief ... now I am not known to be w/o
            > words. :=) See you May 17th. We will bring OCHO and the meccanum chassis.
            >
            > Donna Y. Lew 206 972-4119
            >
            >
            > ________________________________
            > To: pnw-first@yahoogroups.com
            > From: estokely@...
            > Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 11:54:32 -0700
            > Subject: Re: [pnw-first] Re: FIRST day at the SRS
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Well thought out Jim,
            >
            >
            > I recall the days when we worried about all 8 teams in the state showing up
            > :-)
            >
            >
            > Glad to see the inclusion of FLL and FTC
            >
            >
            > Eric Stokely
            > FRC Team 360
            > FTC Team 394 (2007)
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > On May 9, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Jim Wright wrote:
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Hello all you F.I.R.S.T. people!,
            >
            > A couple of questions have popped up. This is the normal SRS meeting
            > presentation slot, it's about 45-60 minutes long (kinda around
            > 11:00am ish to 12:00 noon ish). We will have a lot of FRC teams and
            > a couple of FTC teams and hopefully some of the FLL teams. I'm not
            > sure how I can break the 60 minutes up into parts for everyone. If
            > there looks like there will be more speakers than time I may have to
            > limit everyone a little, we will see. One thing I may do is ask 488,
            > 1318 and 1983 (Chair' Award and Eng' Insp' winners) (if they are
            > there) to speak first, switch to the FTC and FLL teams, and then fill
            > in the end with as many FRC teams as time allows.
            >
            > The 60 minute presentation will give the SRS a good overview of
            > teams' robots, however the real knowledge transfer takes place after
            > the 60 minutes, where members will look more closely at the robots
            > and ask a lot more questions. SRS members will ask as many questions
            > as you have time for, if you have a time commitment feel free to
            > leave at any time you need to.
            >
            > I hope this helps.
            >
            > -Jim
            >
            > --- In pnw-first@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Wright" <SRS@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Yep, a show off your 'bots day. The fact that we finish building
            > > these things let alone in 6 weeks is really impressive and the SRS
            > > members really like seeing them.
            > >
            > > -Jim
            > >
            > > --- In pnw-first@yahoogroups.com, Eric Stokely <estokely@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > OK I may be wrong but I am reading this as a "show off the bot"
            > day
            > > >
            > > > Where learning at jims is still in June
            > > >
            > > > If I am wrong, well, that isn't a new experience :-)
            > > >
            > > > Eric Stokely
            > > > Team 360
            > > > On Apr 24, 2008, at 6:49 PM, Ryan Cahoon wrote:
            > > >
            > > > >
            > > > > Is the "Learning at Jim's" gyro autonomous session being moved
            > > to
            > > > > May, or is this just a show off your 'bots day?
            > > > >
            > > > > --Ryan
            > > > >
            > > > > On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Jim Wright <SRS@>
            > > > > wrote:
            > > > >
            > > > > Hello all,
            > > > >
            > > > > Say, I would like to invite all of us to the May SRS meeting to
            > > show
            > > > > off our robots.
            > > > >
            > > > > The meeting will be held at 10:00am to 12:00ish (really 1:00pm-
            > > ish,
            > > > > and kinda 2:00pm-ish) at the Renton Technical College K-201. On
            > > > > Saturday May 17th.
            > > > >
            > > > > -Jim
            > > > >
            > > > >
            > > >
            > >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
          • Kyle Corbitt
            1318 will definitely be there as well, but unfortunately our robot developed a short circuit (we think) somewhere between Atlanta and Issaquah, so we ll do our
            Message 5 of 10 , May 13, 2008
            • 0 Attachment
              1318 will definitely be there as well, but unfortunately our robot
              developed a short circuit (we think) somewhere between Atlanta and
              Issaquah, so we'll do our best, but can't count on a functional 'bot.

              Kyle


              On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Ryan Cahoon <lenkirma@...> wrote:
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > 2046 will be there with Catalyst. We'd like to do a demo of some of
              > the camera recognition code we developed, but didn't end up using, if
              > there's time. We'll try to keep it short.
              >
              > --Ryan
              >
              >
              >
              > On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Donna Lew <donna_yip_lew@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > 488 will try to keep our comments brief ... now I am not known to be w/o
              > > words. :=) See you May 17th. We will bring OCHO and the meccanum chassis.
              > >
              > > Donna Y. Lew 206 972-4119
              > >
              > >
              > > ________________________________
              > > To: pnw-first@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: estokely@...
              > > Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 11:54:32 -0700
              > > Subject: Re: [pnw-first] Re: FIRST day at the SRS
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > Well thought out Jim,
              > >
              > >
              > > I recall the days when we worried about all 8 teams in the state showing
              > up
              > > :-)
              > >
              > >
              > > Glad to see the inclusion of FLL and FTC
              > >
              > >
              > > Eric Stokely
              > > FRC Team 360
              > > FTC Team 394 (2007)
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > On May 9, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Jim Wright wrote:
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > Hello all you F.I.R.S.T. people!,
              > >
              > > A couple of questions have popped up. This is the normal SRS meeting
              > > presentation slot, it's about 45-60 minutes long (kinda around
              > > 11:00am ish to 12:00 noon ish). We will have a lot of FRC teams and
              > > a couple of FTC teams and hopefully some of the FLL teams. I'm not
              > > sure how I can break the 60 minutes up into parts for everyone. If
              > > there looks like there will be more speakers than time I may have to
              > > limit everyone a little, we will see. One thing I may do is ask 488,
              > > 1318 and 1983 (Chair' Award and Eng' Insp' winners) (if they are
              > > there) to speak first, switch to the FTC and FLL teams, and then fill
              > > in the end with as many FRC teams as time allows.
              > >
              > > The 60 minute presentation will give the SRS a good overview of
              > > teams' robots, however the real knowledge transfer takes place after
              > > the 60 minutes, where members will look more closely at the robots
              > > and ask a lot more questions. SRS members will ask as many questions
              > > as you have time for, if you have a time commitment feel free to
              > > leave at any time you need to.
              > >
              > > I hope this helps.
              > >
              > > -Jim
              > >
              > > --- In pnw-first@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Wright" <SRS@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Yep, a show off your 'bots day. The fact that we finish building
              > > > these things let alone in 6 weeks is really impressive and the SRS
              > > > members really like seeing them.
              > > >
              > > > -Jim
              > > >
              > > > --- In pnw-first@yahoogroups.com, Eric Stokely <estokely@> wrote:
              > > > >
              > > > > OK I may be wrong but I am reading this as a "show off the bot"
              > > day
              > > > >
              > > > > Where learning at jims is still in June
              > > > >
              > > > > If I am wrong, well, that isn't a new experience :-)
              > > > >
              > > > > Eric Stokely
              > > > > Team 360
              > > > > On Apr 24, 2008, at 6:49 PM, Ryan Cahoon wrote:
              > > > >
              > > > > >
              > > > > > Is the "Learning at Jim's" gyro autonomous session being moved
              > > > to
              > > > > > May, or is this just a show off your 'bots day?
              > > > > >
              > > > > > --Ryan
              > > > > >
              > > > > > On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Jim Wright <SRS@>
              > > > > > wrote:
              > > > > >
              > > > > > Hello all,
              > > > > >
              > > > > > Say, I would like to invite all of us to the May SRS meeting to
              > > > show
              > > > > > off our robots.
              > > > > >
              > > > > > The meeting will be held at 10:00am to 12:00ish (really 1:00pm-
              > > > ish,
              > > > > > and kinda 2:00pm-ish) at the Renton Technical College K-201. On
              > > > > > Saturday May 17th.
              > > > > >
              > > > > > -Jim
              > > > > >
              > > > > >
              > > > >
              > > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > >
              >
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.