Mark Leon, NASA MC, steak dinner promise

  • Deb Mumm-Hill
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4 4:44 PM
      Hello Oregon and WA teams.
      I spoke with Mark Leon, our favorite NASA Master of Ceremonies for FIRST and he asked me to follow up on a promise he made 4 years ago at the Pacific NW regional.  He promised any students who pursued an engineering degree that he would take them out for a steak dinner.  (they have to prove they were at the PNW regional and that they have their degree) and with the NASA budget cuts, it may be pizza but it will be dinner with Mark. If there are any students who will be in Portland for the upcoming Oregon regional, he would like to make good on his promise.

      Mark does not answer his e-mails as he gets over 500 a day, so if you have a FRC alumni who would like to dine with Mr. Leon please let me know and I will pass on the info to Mark and we'll see what evening we can coordinate while he is in Portland Feb 28 - March 1.  I'm sure it will be an engaging dining experience as he has a lot to share about the MiniRover project he is working on.

      For the Future Workforce and For the Kids,
      Deb

      --
      Debra Mumm-Hill
      FIRST Pacific NW Regional Director
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6 10:46 PM
        FRC Alumni,
        Dinner with Mark Leon from NASA for any FIRST alumni who were on a team 4 years ago at the Pacific NW Regional and currently pursuing an engineering degree are welcome to join him for dinner on Friday, 2/29 in Portland.  It doesn't matter what stage you are in with your degree, just that you heard the promise and are becoming an engineer.

        Please respond to this e-mail if you can join Mark on Friday and I will let you know the location and time at a later date.

        Regards,