Fall competition documents

  • Larry Barello
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      I have uploaded the first draft of the "Game" document to the files area:

      http://www.egroups.com/files/pnw-first/Fall+Competition+2000/The+Game.doc

      It describes the game and the playing area. Please let me know if this is
      something you feel can be accomplished by mid December - starting in a week
      or two.

      Actually, I don't have any images yet. My old drafting program doesn't
      export anything useful. Anyone have any suggestions for a drafting program
      that can produce GIF or JPEG output files? Any easy to obtain programs that
      can take a postscript file and turn it into a PDF file?

      Cheers!
    • David Montague
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2000
        Comments on game rules:

        - Speed and Agility test: Will it be difficult judging if a robot
        just touched a pylon? From the description it is not clear what the
        pylon base shape (is the 6" base made of plywood?) - maybe it would
        be easier to make them just 4x4x12", and the 5 second penalty is for
        moving the pylon, 20 seconds for knocking it over.

        - Roundup: puck size & corral size will need to be specified.
        Scoring double for pucks not touching the ground, does that mean they
        can be resting on the corral itself?

        Sorry, off hand I don't know any good drafting or postscript
        conversion pgms.

        dave