Washington State FIRST VEX Challenge Announcement

  • Kevin Ross
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 20, 2006
      Howdy folks,

      Hope you are all getting prepared for the upcoming FIRST season.

      I just got back from New Hampshire where I was at a meeting at FIRST
      national headquarters. FIRST has decided to extend the Vex program (FVC)

      I will be organizing the FVC program in the state of WA. Details haven't
      been worked out completely yet, but we are looking at staging a FVC
      challenge on March 17th, 2007 somewhere in the Seattle area.

      VEX, which is a bit like Erector Set on steriods, will allow us to reach
      more students in our state. FVC teams will be able to participate for less
      than $1000 per team, while still providing a rich experience for the
      students. The FVC challenge will be released sometime in mid-september. FVC
      is in theory targeted at high school students, but is expected to reach
      students from 11-18 yrs old.

      Given that I have been the official FVC partner for nearly 48 hours now, I
      will appreciate your patience with my lack of a formal plan as of yet.
      However, this will happen!

      If you are interested, please consider the following website as your way of
      getting on my mini-mailing list...

      http://www.firstwa.org/FVC/default.htm

      The official FVC program site is http://www.usfirst.org/vex/

      Thanks!