FIRST update

  • Jason Morrella
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2001
      Hello all,

      As the school year is quickly approaching, I hope everyone has
      been enjoying the summer so far.
      Thank you to all the team leaders who attended the FIRST Team
      Forum on August 1st, it was a very productive meeting. FIRST found the
      input/feedback to be very useful and I am sure we will see that some
      changes in the 2002 season were directly influenced by those of you at the
      Forum. Thank you again.
      We are currently finalizing logistics and dates for the 2002
      season, which should be confirmed and posted on the FIRST web site around
      Labor Day. Team Registration begins on September 17th. All teams should
      start to regularly monitor the FIRST web site for information regarding the
      kickoff, regional dates, team registration, possible grants, regional cap
      sizes, hotel info, and more.
      Attached is a flyer for the 2nd Annual WRRF California Robot Games
      being held on October 6th in San Jose (pdf format). It will be a 24 team
      event. A more detailed description of the skill events will be sent out in
      a few weeks. If you have any questions or need any additional information
      about the October 6th event, please let me know.
      Have a great week and enjoy the rest of the summer.

      Jason

      Jason Morrella ~ jmorrella@...
      Regional Director (West Coast) ~ FIRST Robotics Competition
      FIRST (For Inspiration & Recognition of Science & Technology)
      phone: 408-267-4949 ~ fax: 408-445-8399
      FIRST web address: www.usfirst.org