Re: Need Robot Controller Help at Portland Regional (Team 1258)

  • jinhay84
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2006
      Thanks for your help and the others who volunteered who helped us to
      get our robot up and running for the regional.

      We were able to compete in all of our scheduled match with a running
      robot.

      Our kids had a great experience in Portland.

      Thanks,
      Jin Hayashi

      --- In pnw-first@yahoogroups.com, Tom Saxton <saxtont@...> wrote:

      > Were you tethered, or running radios?
      >
      > What were the LEDs on the OI and RC indicating?
      >
      > Were you able to download to the RC? Were you getting output to
      the console
      > window?
      >
      > There are lots of things that can cause the symptoms you describe.
      (Bad
      > radio, bad radio cable, bad tether cable, mismatched Team ID,
      disable via
      > competition port, etc.) FIRST should have duplicates of the
      hardware you can
      > test with and use as replacements if needed.
      >
      > I can come over and help right after the crates are unpacked, or I
      can send
      > over someone from our software team. Drop by our pit when you're
      ready.

      > --
      > Tom Saxton - Team 1318
      > saxtont@...
      >

      > on 2/21/06 4:59 PM, jinhay84 wrote:
      >
      > > Hi, Is there anyone attending the Portland Regional that could
      give
      > > us a hand in troubleshooting a robot controller problem.
      > >
      > > We had a working robot as of 6pm yesterday. We zip tied a few
      cables
      > > and painted our numbers on the body. We took the robot to the gym
      > > for driving practice at lunch today and found our robot to be
      non-
      > > functional.
      > >
      > > When we turn on the power, all our Victors were flashing orange
      and
      > > our Spikes were all orange. We spent the rest of the afternoon
      > > trying to isolate the problem, but were unsuccessful in finding
      the
      > > problem source.
      > >
      > > I'd appreciate it if I could get someone attending the Portland
      > > regional to give us a hand after we uncrate our robot.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Jin Hayashi
      > > Team 1258
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Rick Tyler
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2006
        On 3/5/06, jinhay84 <jhayashi@...> wrote:
        > Thanks for your help and the others who volunteered who helped us to
        > get our robot up and running for the regional.
        >
        > We were able to compete in all of our scheduled match with a running
        > robot.
        >
        > Our kids had a great experience in Portland.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jin Hayashi

        Jin,

        You are with team 1878, right? I'm glad your team had fun. Be sure
        to ask any time you need help. I somehow missed your post on this
        subject, but we are always available to help another team.

        - Rick Tyler
        1294, Sammamish