3166Jr.FLL Program Update - October 18th, 2013

  • Willem Scholten
    Oct 18, 2013

      Washington FIRST Robotics Jr.FLL Program Update - October 2013
      Email not displaying correctly?
      View it in your browser.

      Jr.FLL Season Update

      The Jr.FLL Season in Washington State is well underway.  It is a fun topic this season, Disaster Blaster and a great opportunity to work with your students on general disaster preparednes. If you have not yet registered a team, there is ample time do so.  Jr.FLL team Registration at USFIRST is open for this season until mid April 2014.  In order for a team to participate in a Washington JrFLL Expo, a team of 2 to 6 students must have a JrFLL Team number assigned by USFIRST.

      Central WA  Jr.FLL Info Meeting

      On Saturday Nov 2nd there will be a JrFLL Info Meeting, to help current and new coaches, and those interested and not sure about how JrFLL works atCWU in Ellensburg.  This meeting takes place in conjunction with a FLL Workshop also at CWU and provides for a great opportunity to also learn about that program.  The workshop is for adults only, and pre-registration for this free event is required.  To learn more and register please go to our website.

      Recruit a Team Challenge

      Here is a challenge for you: How about each existing Jr.FLL team goes out and recruits ONE new JrFLL team in a school or organization other then yours!  Help us spread the joy and excitement of JrFLL and help get our students prepared and on a great trajectory of STEM education offered by the succession of FIRST programs!  Point prospective teams to our website for new teams, download our new JrFLL info sheet in both English and Spanish and hand it out, forward this email to your friends, have your students talk to their friends!  Other helpful resource to checkout is the juniorfirstlegoleague.org website.
      UPCOMING EVENTS

      For a full calendar, please see here.

      Nov 2

      Jr.FLL Info Meeting, CWU Ellensburg

      Nov 16

      Jr.FLL Fall Expo, Seattle

      Mar 9

      Jr.FLL Spring Expo, Seattle

      Mar 15

      Jr.FLL Spring Expo, Mt. Vernon
      Jr.FLL Spring Expo, Spokane

      Mar 29

      Jr.FLL Spring Expo, CWU Ellensburg
      Follow on Twitter | Friend on Facebook | Forward to Friend | Subscribe to List
      Copyright © 2013 Washington FIRST Robotics / Jr.FLL Program, All rights reserved.
      You have been added to this list because you are either a coach / mentor of an existing or previous year team, or have expressed interest in staying informed on the JrFLL program in Washington State

      Our mailing address is:
      Washington FIRST Robotics / Jr.FLL Program
      21238 68th Ave S
      Kent, WA 98032

      Add us to your address book

      Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
      unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences