IYM Supports education for 1000 students with you ,You did it| Thank You ...

  • Prabu R
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2011
      Friends,

      It all started this way ...

      By early June 2011, I stumbled on some school authorities who were looking
      out for support for 1000 students from weaker section of the society. These
      students were just fortunate enough to be back to school and all they needed
      were 5 Notebooks and stationary to see them through this year.

      1000 students - how could we do this ! Started a notebook collection drive
      with the help of friends & some corporates... you know what , the help
      started from all the corners...There are thousands & thousands of friends
      supported this drive.

      More than the contribution I am just humbled to see the amount of time and
      effort put in by all in procuring the very best quality products. I over
      heard one of our volunteer say while sorting and packing the materials " ...
      everybody have bought the things as though they bought it for their own
      kids, brothers and sisters ..." which i agree completely.

      I really don't know how to thank you all just in words, who supported this
      cause but as i am obliged to express the gratitude, request you to accept my
      heartfelt thanks on behalf of the students and volunteer team.
      --

      Volunteers & Facilitators, Besides getting across the message to our
      colleagues your time and efforts in sorting, packing and helping with

      I write this email to you all with my heart brimming with joy after our
      NoteBook Distribution Event. All of you who contributed, your enthusiasm,
      commitment, energy, empathy and amazing attitude simply blew me away. I feel
      so happy along with rural students to be passing this thank you note
      ..Instead of many more words, I will let pictures speak a thousand.
      --

      Press Cover - Dinamalar - Tamil Daily.

      http://www.dinamalar.com/district_detail.asp?id=274166

      *Distribution Events*

      Some of our volunteers joined in the distribution events which we been
      carrying out with the help of school authorities, which will continue this
      week through.
      *
      06-July-2011 | Govt Middle School Orgadam Village, Thirukazhukundram | 54
      Students

      https://picasaweb.google.com/prabu.r/NotebookDistribution54Students#

      07-July-2011 | Govt Hr Sec School Dadapuram Village, Tindivanam | 450
      Students*
      *
      https://picasaweb.google.com/prabu.r/NoteBookDistribution450Students?feat=email#
      *
      & two more school to be covered ...interested to be part of ...lets know.

      It may be of your interest to explore our other activities...

      Ignite Young Mind -IYM India Acitivities

      Goal Setting Workshop -With 136 Students |Board Exam
      2011<https://picasaweb.google.com/prabu.r/GoalSettingWorkshop2SSLCStudents>
      #
      Goal Setting workshop is aimed at preparing the rural students to face the
      exam with confidence & do more !!

      Republic Day 2011 celebration with 115 kids ,we offered School bag,Shoes,
      Stationary, Meal for them ... Students enjoyed a lot..

      Rday2011 || 115Kids
      From4VillageSchools<https://picasaweb.google.com/prabu.r/Rday2011With115KidsFrom4VillageSchools>
      #

      Independence Day 2010 Celebration with 57 Kids, Distributed School
      Bag,Notebooks, Stationary & enjoyed a meal with them

      Indepence Day 2010 -With 57Young Students from 2
      Villages<http://picasaweb.google.com/prabu.r/Iday10CeleberationWith57KidsFromAVillage#>

      Republic Day 2010 Celebration with 50 Kids, Distributed School
      Bag,Notebooks, Stationary & enjoyed a meal with them

      Republic day 2010 - With 50 Young Village
      Students<http://picasaweb.google.com/prabu.r/Rday10With50YoungStudentsFromAVillage#>

      Diwali 2010 Celebration with 50 kids from Chinna Irumbedu village - we
      shared meal with the kids ...of course crackers!

      Diwali 2010 - With 50 Kids from Freedom Children's Home @ Chinna
      Irumbedu<http://picasaweb.google.com/prabu.r/Diwali2010CeleberationWith50Kids#>

      A Day with Sevalaya
      Students<http://picasaweb.google.com/prabu.r/ADayWithSevalayaStudents#>

      Independence Day 2009 Celebration...with 40 kids ,Distributed School bag,
      notebooks ..& shared meal with them.

      Independence Day2009 -With 40Kids from a
      Village<http://picasaweb.google.com/prabu.r/Iday09With40YoungStudentsFromAGovtSchoolAtVillageNearTindivanam#>

      Republic day 2009 Celebration...with 40 kids ,Distributed School bag,
      notebooks ..& shared meal with them.
      Republic Day 2009 - With 46 Young Village
      Students<http://picasaweb.google.com/prabu.r/RepublicDayWith46YoungVillageStudents#>

      On Unveiling Free Village Computer Center for the primary school kids...

      ...57 kids from a village gets opportunity to touch computers for the first
      time &wear shoes Ever first...Leading Rural Kids --
      <http://picasaweb.google.com/prabu.r/Iday10CeleberationWith57KidsFromAVillage02?feat=email#>

      Thanks to all & Thanks to Everything !!!

      Regards

      PROJECT IYM