need a converter for mylai to tscii

  • Webmaster of Kaumaram.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2005
      Ellorukkum Anbu Vanakkam !

      I am ambarking on a major task of converting my
      website (www.kaumaram.com) from mylai.ttf fonts to
      Tamil (Tscii) based font. I have searched several
      links for a functioning text converter - unfortunately
      not getting anywhere. (most of the links I tried no
      longer exist).

      Can someone please recommend a reliable converter
      program? I have more than 2000 pages of Lord Murugan
      related pages to change over.

      Mikka Nandri for your help!

      Nalvaazhthukkal,

      Anbudan,

      Maniyam
      (webmaster of http://kaumaram.com)

      Vetrivel Muruganukku Arohara!

      Visit: http://www.kaumaram.com
      the website for Lord Murugan and His Devotees.
      VERY IMPORTANT -- Please read.

      All emails originating from Kaumaram.com will bear the stamp [kaumaram] on their subject line. Please DO NOT open emails without this and PLEASE DO NOT OPEN attachments. We do not send attachments. Thank you!

    • nirmal@tamilpayani.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2005
        Dear Maniyam,

        please thing now a days all tscii pages convert
        to unicode. consider your mylai to uni. so many
        (murasu,any2uni,kural) tools are avil.

        Thank You.

        Regard's,

        V.Siva Kumar
        (AnuSi Soft)

        Webmaster of Kaumaram.com wrote:

        > Ellorukkum Anbu Vanakkam !
        >
        > I am ambarking on a major task of converting my
        > website (www.kaumaram.com) from mylai.ttf fonts to
        > Tamil (Tscii) based font. I have searched several
        > links for a functioning text converter - unfortunately
        > not getting anywhere. (most of the links I tried no
        > longer exist).
        >
        > Can someone please recommend a reliable converter
        > program? I have more than 2000 pages of Lord Murugan
        > related pages to change over.
        >
        > Mikka Nandri for your help!
        >
        > Nalvaazhthukkal,
        >
        > Anbudan,
        >
        > Maniyam
        > (webmaster of http://kaumaram.com) <http://kaumaram.com%29>
        >

        > Vetrivel Muruganukku Arohara!
        >
        > Visit: http://www.kaumaram.com
        > the website for Lord Murugan and His Devotees.
        > VERY IMPORTANT -- Please read.
        >
        > All emails originating from Kaumaram.com will bear the stamp
        > [kaumaram] on their subject line. Please DO NOT open emails without
        > this and PLEASE DO NOT OPEN attachments. We do not send attachments.
        > Thank you!

        > Project Madurai is an open, world-wide initiative devoted to
        > preparation & free distribution of ETexts of Tamil Literary
        > Works. For details please visit

      • Saravanan M K
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2005
          On 5/3/05, Webmaster of Kaumaram.com <kaumaram@...> wrote:

          > I am ambarking on a major task of converting my
          > website (www.kaumaram.com) from mylai.ttf fonts to
          > Tamil (Tscii) based font. I have searched several
          > links for a functioning text converter - unfortunately
          > not getting anywhere. (most of the links I tried no
          > longer exist).

          I suggest to convert them to Unicode.

          > Can someone please recommend a reliable converter
          > program? I have more than 2000 pages of Lord Murugan
          > related pages to change over.

          If you can send me the zip file of all the files that you need to
          convert to Unicode, I can help you in converting them, during the
          weekend. I have a python script to convert TSCII to Unicode. It
          won't take much time for me to change it to Mylai to Unicode, and with
          the help of a shell script, the entire conversion can be done
          automatically in one go.

          -- mks --

          --
          M K Saravanan