Finally.....American Sign Language classes enrolling!

  • mamaof402382
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2012

      Hello homeschoolers,

      I am happy to announce the first American Sign Language class has been set up and I'm presently accepting names on a first come/first serve basis.  This beginner class will be held at Laura Fiore's home on Thursday afternoons from 2:30-3:30. The address is: 29 Highland Circle Halifax. Classes will run for 6 week sessions. The first  6 week session will begin on Thursday Sept. 13th  Those who attend this first 6 week session will have first "dibs" on returning for the next session ( THE CONTENT OF EACH 6 WEEK SESSION IS ALWAYS DIFERENT SO THAT STUDENTS CONTINUE TO LEARN AT A BEGINNER LEVEL).

        Attendees can expect to gain exposure to the fundamentals of ASL and enjoy a journey into Deaf culture. I'm prideful that the cost has remained unchanged over the past 11+ years……. $5.00 per student per class. Parents may enroll with their children for the same cost of $5.00 each week (class). NO BOOKS are needed as I will supply all lesson plans J

      Although this is a beginner class it will be geared towards those who are ages 10+.  Slots will be held on an "honor system". If you request a slot ( or slots) it is expected that you will commit to this 6 week session. One free absence is allowed per 6 week session. I'm really excited to see so many of you again

      (and to meet new families as well).  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime. You can learn more about me and the programs which I teach/direct by looking at my website:

      mariannemolinariasl.com      Lots of the older homeschoolers (high school aged kiddos)attend the evening classes for foreign language credit. If this is something you would prefer please let me know.

      Unfortunately, some classes posted do have long waiting lists however I will do my best to accommodate everyone.

      SmilesJ
      Marianne