Parker River NWR: Comprehensive Conservation Planning Meetings

  • Sue McGrath
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011
      Plum Island Birders,

      I was at the Refuge Headquarters this morning, March 1st, because it's
      time to talk about the Purple Martins again
      as they are on their way with over 1040 adult scout reports and 5
      subadult reports in the southeastern states.

      I also asked the staff about the upcoming CCP meetings. I encourage
      birders and birding club members to attend one
      of these meetings. Birders utilize this Refuge more than many, other,
      special interest groups. These meetings are
      our opportunity to express our concerns about issues that affect birds,
      their habitat and birders.

      Let's attempt to influence the future management of habitats, including
      the North Pool which remains a serious concern.

      Meetings:

      Tuesday, March 22,2011 7-9:00pm at the Crane Estate, Ipswich

      Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7-9:00pm at the Newbury Fire Station on
      Morgan Avenue, Newbury

      For more information, the link is:
      http://www.fws.gov/northeast/planning/Parker%20River/ccphome.html

      With best wishes,