Jan 1st, Plum Island, First Report from the New Year

  • Thomas Wetmore
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      PI Birders,

      Every new year it takes me a little longer to get the bird pages up
      to date since there is a bit more book-keeping to do, and I have to
      modify some of my software. However, most of the pages are now up to
      date and there is a new page for you to check out ...

      http://bartonstreet.com/tom/birds/guide/plumislandstatus2007.html

      This has the quarter-month status chart for 2007. Feel free to take a
      look, but it sure ain't very interestin' yet!!

      I've also added new tally files to the group site that you can check
      out. Haven't added any new databases to the site yet. And speaking of
      tallies, here is the tally for January and 2007 as it stands right
      now. We're at 32 species, a number considerably less than the 51
      species of January 1st last year, but the weather was really quite a
      handicap today. Here are the species tallied today...

      January 1 (32)
      1 Snow Goose [landry]
      2 Canada Goose [landry, wetmore]
      3 Gadwall [landry, wetmore]
      4 American Black Duck [landry, wetmore]
      5 Mallard [landry, wetmore]
      6 Northern Pintail [wetmore]
      7 Green-winged Teal [wetmore]
      8 Common Eider [wetmore]
      9 White-winged Scoter [wetmore]
      10 Black Scoter [wetmore]
      11 Long-tailed Duck [wetmore]
      12 Bufflehead [landry, wetmore]
      13 Common Goldeneye [wetmore]
      14 Hooded Merganser [landry, wetmore]
      15 Red-breasted Merganser [wetmore]
      16 Common Loon [wetmore]
      17 Northern Gannet [wetmore]
      18 Northern Harrier [de la flor, giriunas, landry, wetmore]
      19 Purple Sandpiper [wetmore]
      20 Ring-billed Gull [wetmore]
      21 Herring Gull [wetmore]
      22 Great Black-backed Gull [wetmore]
      23 Mourning Dove [wetmore]
      24 Blue Jay [landry]
      25 American Crow [landry, wetmore]
      26 American Robin [landry, wetmore]
      27 Northern Mockingbird [wetmore]
      28 European Starling [wetmore]
      29 American Tree Sparrow [landry, wetmore]
      30 Snow Bunting [wetmore]
      31 Northern Cardinal [landry, wetmore]
      32 American Goldfinch [landry]