Q: Change ploticus gallery from GIF to PNG?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2001
      The ploticus web site, gallery and examples will soon be revisited and
      hopefully improved, perhaps over the next 6 months.

      I am wondering if this would be a good time to make all of the images on
      the site PNG. PNGs will give a substantial savings in size over the
      pseudo-GIFs that are currently used.

      Not too long ago browser support was an issue, but my impression is that
      most people are now using PNG-enabled browser versions, and that these
      browsers do a good job of displaying PNG quickly and accurately.

      The software support for generating pseudo-GIFs would not be affected.

      Any objections?

      -Steve

      Note: ploticus home page is moving to http://ploticus.sourceforge.net !
      Please access that location from now on!