Plotting upper and lower limit lines

  • kevin mulholland
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi, I have just started using ploticus again and would like to plot
      upper and lower limit lines across the X axis of the graph for a set
      value on the Y axis, alternatively if the area between these limits
      could be colored in that would be great.

      I know I could create a script to do this, but as I am currently playing
      with prefabs (chron especially) I was looking for a simple solution!

      Many thanks for any suggestions.
      --
      Kevin Mulholland
      IT & Manufacturing Systems Manager
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2004
        On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, kevin mulholland wrote:

        > Hi, I have just started using ploticus again and would like to plot
        > upper and lower limit lines across the X axis of the graph for a set
        > value on the Y axis, alternatively if the area between these limits
        > could be colored in that would be great.
        >
        > I know I could create a script to do this, but as I am currently playing
        > with prefabs (chron especially) I was looking for a simple solution!

        Kevin, prefabs have a standard parameter called include1

        this allows you to include a block of ploticus code at the point after the
        plotting area has been set up. you could use proc line or proc rect in
        this code block

      • kevin mulholland
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2004
          Thanks Steve, I also realised that I could add extra fields to my csv
          data file and use the y2 y3 constructs

          thanks once again
          kevin.

          On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 14:29, Stephen C. Grubb wrote:
          > On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, kevin mulholland wrote:
          >
          > > Hi, I have just started using ploticus again and would like to plot
          > > upper and lower limit lines across the X axis of the graph for a set
          > > value on the Y axis, alternatively if the area between these limits
          > > could be colored in that would be great.
          > >
          > > I know I could create a script to do this, but as I am currently
          > playing
          > > with prefabs (chron especially) I was looking for a simple solution!
          >
          > Kevin, prefabs have a standard parameter called include1
          >
          > this allows you to include a block of ploticus code at the point after
          > the
          > plotting area has been set up. you could use proc line or proc rect
          > in
          > this code block
          >
          > Steve
          >

          > Stephen C. Grubb scg@...