Re: ploticus 2.11 compile trouble - Cygwin libgd 2.0.20

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2004
      On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote:

      > I'm porting your package to cygwin but get these errors. What
      > information do you need? I've attached /usr/include/gd.h
      >
      > make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/cygbuild/ploticus/ploticus-2.11/src'
      > gcc -DPLOTICUS -DUNIX -DTDH_NOREC -DWZ -DNOSWF -I/usr/X11R6/include -DPREFABS_DIR=\"\" -c -o gd_png.o gd_png.c
      > gd_png.c: In function `gdImageCreateFromPng':
      > gd_png.c:88: error: structure has no member named `free'
      > gd_png.c: In function `gdImagePng':
      > gd_png.c:397: error: structure has no member named `free'
      > gd_png.c: In function `gdImagePngPtr':
      > gd_png.c:406: error: structure has no member named `free'
      > make[1]: *** [gd_png.o] Error 1
      > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/cygbuild/ploticus/ploticus-2.11/src'
      > make: *** [all] Error 2
      > /bin/cygbuild.sh.CygbuildCommandMain: [FATAL] status is 2.

      Hi,

      I believe this problem is caused by an incompatibility between the GD code
      bundled with ploticus, and the gd.h (a later version) that already resides
      on your system.

      You need to decide whether you want to link to your own copy of GD (if you
      have it), or use the GD that comes bundled with ploticus (PNG/GiF only),
      then make the corresponding setting in the Makefile (Step 2) (the PNG
      only, GIF only, and PNG+GIF choices will use the ploticus copy; other
      choices will use a local copy.

      Looking at my copy of Makefile I see that this could be made more clear..
      I'll try and clarify for the next release.

      BTW, a PNG & SWF version of ploticus exists cygwin, ported by Jamie Echlin
      (see http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/download.html)

      Let me know if you need further assistance, or perhaps check with Jamie
      (jamie.echlin@...)