Re: [ploticus] lineplot "clip" problem

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2004
      Colin,

      This is an oversight.. line label should be subject to clipping.

      I've fixed this so that the label will be rendered near the last inrange
      data point. Hope this works for you. The fix is available from the
      what's new page http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/news.html

      Let me know of any problems,

      Steve

      On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Colin Tuckley wrote:

      > I have just upgraded to Ploticus 2.20 so that I can use "clip".
      >
      > My config file contains:
      >
      > #proc lineplot
      > xfield: 1
      > yfield: 2
      > label: Av
      > clip: yes
      > linedetails: color=orange width=1.0
      >
      > This clips the actual line correctly, however if the end point of the data
      > is outside the plot area the label is still displayed even though it's off
      > the plot area!
      >
      > Is this a bug? If not can we have a feature to clip the labels?
      >
      > regards,
      >
      > Colin
      >
      > --
      > Colin Tuckley | colin@...
      > +44(0)1903 236872 | +44(0)7775 900262
      >
      > "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
      > "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat
      > - Lewis Carrol

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • rinioth
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2004
        --- In ploticus@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen C. Grubb" <scg@j...> wrote:

        > This is an oversight.. line label should be subject to clipping.

        >Hope this works for you. The fix is available from the
        > what's new page http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/news.html

        Sorry to be a bit slow responding - I'm having Email problems atm

        Hmm.. it doesn't appear to have made any difference.

        One point which you may not be checking - in my graph it's often the
        case that NONE of the points are in range. This is because I'm
        actually using the trick of placing 2 graphs next to each other to get
        a break in the axis scaling.

        I copied the new file into src then did make clean; make; make
        install. Anything I forgot?

        regards,

        Colin