debug output

  • jamie.echlin@ubs.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2003
      Morning,

      Has anyone managed to specify an output file for diagnostics and error when running in cgi mode? My URL looks like:
      /cgi-bin/pl.exe?-diagfile&debug.txt&-debug&cgi=1&-svg&file1.plot"

      I can't find a debug.txt file anywhere, no matter how I juggle the args. Checked the tmp dir set in pl.cnf and not there, although it does write a plcgi_diag file there.

      From the command line
      pl -diagfile debug.txt -debug cgi=1 -svg plotfiles\file1.plot

      works OK.

      Unfortunately I cannot use plcgi_diag, as when there are multiple calls to pl on the same page the diag file gets overwritten.

      thanks in advance,
      jamie

      My employer requires me to include the following message.

      Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

      for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
      should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please

      arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
      of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
      verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This
      related financial instruments.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        Jamie, a couple of suggestions.

        In your URL, put the cgi=1 setting leftmost

        There's no need to specify -diagfile&debug.txt ... by default (when in
        direct cgi mode) ploticus will write debug info to c:\temp\plcgi_diag and
        error msgs to c:\temp\plcgi_err (this hold true for recent versions, but
        not older versions)

        so it would be:

        /cgi-bin/pl.exe?cgi=1&-debug&-svg&file1.plot

        Steve

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
          Thanks for that Steve, but the thing is I need to specify the diag and err file, else if I have multiple calls to ploticus in the same web page, subsequent ones will overwrite those files...

          So my problem is not that it won't write c:\temp\plcgi_diag, rather that I need to specify the output file for every hit, which is what I thought -diagfile was for, but perhaps I was wrong.

          cheers, jamie

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
            Ok, try something like this (use full pathname for debug file):

            /cgi-bin/pl.exe?cgi=1&-debug&-diagfile&c:\temp\whatever&-svg&file1.plot

            Also verify that you have a correctly named config file (/cgi-bin/pl.cnf)
            and that it contains a projectroot line like this:

            projectroot: c:\jamie\project\whatever

            pl should be chdir'ing to your directory early in the process (before
            parsing args off the url) so I'm not sure what's going on..

            Steve