stacked area

  • echlinja
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 30, 2003
      Is it possible to do a stacked area graph, similar to stacked bars
      but with lines instead.

      Similar to this:
      http://f6.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cCehP1QCjFQaI72iiZgQfeHR8yOYc3x9YAI6_sVr
      MYN9tnGzl-87JHK0y26cQsNYr1mX6fpk9OnG7hC_tI2ThVH9Cog9/1067526011.png

      which is how it looked it during the bad old days when I used Excel
      to create graphs.

      cheers, jamie
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 30, 2003
        Jamie,

        the URL you sent gave a "Document not found" error.. I can't see the
        image.

        Steve

        On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, echlinja wrote:

        > Is it possible to do a stacked area graph, similar to stacked bars
        > but with lines instead.
        >
        > Similar to this:
        > http://f6.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cCehP1QCjFQaI72iiZgQfeHR8yOYc3x9YAI6_sVr
        > MYN9tnGzl-87JHK0y26cQsNYr1mX6fpk9OnG7hC_tI2ThVH9Cog9/1067526011.png
        >
        > which is how it looked it during the bad old days when I used Excel
        > to create graphs.
        >
        > cheers, jamie

      • echlinja
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2003
          Steve, the news group software has broken it on to two lines -
          rather than clicking on the link can you paste the entire url in two
          parts - i'll paste it again anyway:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > Stephen C. Grubb scg@j...
        • Graham Smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2003
            On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:44, echlinja wrote:
            > Steve, the news group software has broken it on to two lines -
            > rather than clicking on the link can you paste the entire url in two
            > parts - i'll paste it again anyway:
            >
            > http://f6.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cCehP1QCjFQaI72iiZgQfeHR8yOYc3x9YAI6_sVr
            > MYN9tnGzl-87JHK0y26cQsNYr1mX6fpk9OnG7hC_tI2ThVH9Cog9/1067526011.png

            Just a tip if you are trying to send long URL's try puting them through
            tinyurl.
            http://tinyurl.com/

            --
            Regards,

            Graham Smith
          • jamie.echlin@ubs.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 4, 2003
              ok good tip, here it is then: http://tinyurl.com/tle0

              Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

              for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
              should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please

              arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
              of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
              verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This
              related financial instruments.
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 5, 2003
                Well I tried this and the short URL trick and still am getting Document
                not found.. but I looked around a bit and found some stacked area
                examples. I've changed the 'stack' prefab to be able to do these, in the
                next release.

                You should be able to do them now in a script by overlaying several filled
                line plots, but you need to use a getdata filter to sum successive values
                to get the stack effect, and also need to plot from "back" to "front".

              • jamie.echlin@ubs.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 5, 2003
                  OK thanks for that Steve. I suspected I could do it with lines and fills and cumulative counts, glad you have changed the prefab. Is it just the prefab or code as well, if the former could I have a copy of the prefab?

                  I guess with this image thing yahoo has made it only available to me, I attach it in the vain hope that someone will see it.

                  ta, jamie