error 100. What am I doing wrong?

  • b126775
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29 12:25 PM
      Greetings,

      I admit to being a neophyte to ploticus and learning to find my
      way. I want to plot the following reads per second vs datetime.
      Sample data:

      08/21/03 22:00 0
      08/21/03 23:00 0
      08/22/03 00:00 2731
      08/22/03 01:00 0
      08/22/03 02:00 0
      08/22/03 03:00 0
      08/22/03 04:00 0
      08/22/03 05:00 137
      08/22/03 06:00 86
      .
      . Many lines removed
      .

      Ploticus command line entry

      pl -prefab chron mode=line header=yes x=1 y=3 datefmt=mm/dd/yy \
      unittype=datetime data=/home/b126775/prefabs/reads.dat \
      timefld=2 xyears=yy yrange="0 25" title="Reads per Second" \
      xinc="1 day"

      Result is a tempary blank xterm and
      Got 119 records, 3 fields per record.
      pl proc areadef error 100: Left portion of xrange must be < right
      (9729 9729)
      pl proc areadef error 10: (Fatal) areadef failed due to problems with
      area specification or xrange/yrange.

      What am I missing? Thanx in advance.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2003

        I got it to work using this command:

        pl -debug -prefab chron x=1 y=3 datefmt=mm/dd/yy \
        unittype=datetime data=chronprob.dat tab=hour \
        timefld=2 xyears=yy title="Reads per Second" xinc="1 day" barwidth=line

        I added "tab=hour" .. this seems criticial in order for it to combine the
        date and time fields. This is mentioned in the docs but I'll try to add
        some clarification.

        -Steve