ploticus questions

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hi, please see comments below...

      > It would appear that ploticus is capable of plotting this data, but is it
      > capable of adding graphic annotations?

      proc annotate can do annotations.. you must specify the text formatted
      exactly as you want it to appear with regard to line breaks, indentation,
      etc. See http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/gallery/gall.annot.html

      you can create as many annotations as you want in a plot

      > How can I get pl.exe to read the config file?

      you need to set an environment variable eg.
      Suppose you name your ploticus config file c:\plconfig.txt

      SET PLOTICUS_CONFIG=C:\plconfig.txt

      then ploticus should be able to find and read the config file

      > What should the config file contain and what is the syntax?

      It looks ok.. ploticus just didn't know it was there. Pathnames cannot
      contain spaces tho..

      > Regarding the data that is plotted for line off (production month). There
      > is not always data for every production month. Typically, a plotting
      > program will plot the data points as given. However, we must show data for
      > every month. So, if the data looks like this:
      >
      > 2000/03 5
      > 2000/05 4
      > 2000/06 6
      >
      > data for 2000/04 must be inserted with a zero value. Is there a way to
      > program this in?

      Are you doing bars? If so you don't need to do this, just do:

      #proc bars
      locfield: 1
      lenfield: 2

      2000/04 will be omitted automatically