Re: [ploticus] Pie graphs with a proc areadef

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15 7:07 AM
      Soboot,

      You are right in that pie graphs don't use an X or Y axis. You can render
      a pie graph anywhere regardless of whether an areadef has been done.. the
      location and size of the pie graph are controlled by the 'center' and
      'radius' attributes.

      Or are you trying to make a pie graph that is somehow proportional to the
      line and bar graphs?

      If this isn't helping, please send your script and additional
      explanation..

      Steve

      On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, soboot20003 wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I want to plot three graphs into one picture. One lineplot, one
      > barplot and one pieplot. The problem is that I don't know how to set
      > up a proper #proc areadef for pies. The xrange/yrange-attribures are
      > manditory, but it doesn't make sense for pies as they don't need axis.
      > Is there a trick to get this to work? A graph with both lineplot and
      > barplot works just fine, but the pie makes really problems.
      >
      > I looked through all the examples about pies, but they never set up a
      > #proc areadef.
      >
      > Thanks for answers,
      >
      > soboot

    • soboot20003
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17 11:16 PM
        Thanks for your answer. I get this to work with center and radius. I
        just thought that it would be nice, if you had an areadef, so that
        other graphelements (legend) could be set relative to the piechart.
        But it works fine this way.

        Thank you,

        soboot

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/