Cannot Open Scriptfile; error in apache's error_log

  • roam10
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2003
      I'm getting the following error in apache's error_log file:

      pl error 22: Cannot open scriptfile; perhaps an error in command line
      args (/root/plsrc211linux/prefabs/lines.pl)

      My SRC value for my image looks like this:

      /cgi-bin/pl?cgi=1&-gif&-prefab&lines&data=data17&x=1&y=2&pointsym=none

      I've tested this using the QUERY_STRING env variable and it works,
      get the following output:

      Got 85 records, 2 fields per record.

      So that looks fine, but I just don't get the Image appearing on the
      page.

      If I use the SRC value (do not use a prefab) I *do* get the image
      appearing on the page:

      /cgi-bin/pl?cgi=1&-giflineplot4.htm

      Any ideas? I'm using Gentoo, kernel 2.4.19 with Apache 1.3.27 and
      ploticus 2.11

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 2 , May 27, 2003
        Verify that the file /root/plsrc211linux/prefabs/lines.pl exists and its
        permissions are set to be world-readable so that web server can read it

        If that doesn't help, try using the -debug option
        (see http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/cgi.html for more info)

        Steve