Bar Graph xaxis

  • romeyde
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2003
      Quiet day for posts so I'll pitch in a question. :)

      I'm pulling web hit data every 5 minutes from my server and updating a
      graph with ploticus for a 24 hour period.

      My dat file ends like this:

      03/20/03.15:05 228993
      03/20/03.15:10 228617
      03/20/03.15:15 224597
      03/20/03.15:20 233426

      But the graph only seems to display up till 3pm. I'd like it to
      display everything in the dat file (which again only contains 24 hrs).

      This is the head of the file in case it matters:

      03/19/03.15:30 272541
      03/19/03.15:35 291887
      03/19/03.15:40 296199

      Most of my config file came from examples. Could someone take a look
      and tell me what I need to add. I've modified this thing 20+ times
      today and just can't seem to get it.

      Thanks much and I'm loving Ploticus,
      Derek

      #proc getdata
      file: $FILENAME
      fieldnames: datetime hits
      delim: tab

      // use proc processdata to sum errors for each unique time value
      #proc processdata
      action: count
      fields: datetime hits
      showresults: no

      // set up plotting area with datetime in X and autorange on the y axis.
      // do x axis showing day of week and y axis
      #proc areadef
      title: @title
      titledetails: align=L size=16 style=B color=darkblue
      rectangle: 1 1 7.6 2.5
      xscaletype: datetime mm/dd/yy.hh:mm
      xautorange datafield=datetime nearest=exact
      yautorange datafield=hits nearest=100 margin=200 lowfix=0
      xaxis.stubs: inc 1 hour
      xaxis.stubformat: .hhA
      yaxis.stubs: inc
      yaxis.labeldistance: .8
      yaxis.grid: color=gray(0.9)
      frame: no

      // do a 2nd X axis with month and day
      #proc xaxis
      stubs: inc 1 day
      stubformat: mm/dd
      stubdetails: adjust=0,-0.15
      stubrange: 03/17/99.20:00

      // make bar graph
      #proc bars
      locfield: datetime
      lenfield: hits
      thinbarline: color=green
    • romeyde
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2003
        Little more info.
        I just now noticed that the graph does seem to be displaying all of
        the data in the dat file but the Time tics under the graph aren't
        lined up right.

        For instance, the very first green bar says 3pm underneath it but the
        first line in the dat file is: 03/19/03.15:40 292260

        So the line it is showing is actually for 3:40pm.

      • romeyde
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 20, 2003
          Talking to myself here. Isn't it always like this, been messing with
          this for 2+ hours and as soon as I post the question, I figure it out.

          Added/Changed these lines and now it looks fine:

          xaxis.stubformat: .hh:mm
          xaxis.stubdetails: size=6