help for compiling Ploticus in windows

  • Vikram Dererbail <vickyderebail@yahoo.co
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2003
      hi,

      I found Ploticus a very usefull graphing utility. I have the source
      code which was in plsrc210win32.zip. Is tired to compile the project
      in windows. But it is giving errors with some header files. Also,
      png.h, zlib.h , X11.h files are missing from the source code. Can you
      please guide me in compling the code in windows.

      Regards,

      Vikram
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2003
        Vikram,

        1. use the mingw tools to compile (http://mingw.sourceforge.net)

        2. X11.h is part of X windows, a unix-based GUI windowing system. It is
        generally not available on win32. Win32 builds should not have references
        to X windows, since it's not available on that platform.

        3. the Makefile that is included in the .zip distribution should build
        ploticus with no X11, and GIF only. If you change the Makefile logic,
        you're on your own.. I have never attempted to build a win32 PNG version,
        but to do so would require that you acquire and build libpng and zlib on
        your win32 system

        -Steve