Make error win32

  • TrailsNorth
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2002
      I am trying to recompile the minGW version of ploticus 2.04 for
      win32. The Makefile refers to pl.o, which is not in the source.
      pl.h and pl.c are there. In fact the Makefile is riddled with
      references to .o files but not one is included in the source. I need
      to recompile in order to increase the MAXNCATS (maximum categories)
      limitation to 200.

      Please educate me. New to compiling source, etc.
      Thanks and kudos to Steve for an awesome tool.
      -David
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2002
        David,

        Files having names ending in .o are object files. Object files are
        machine code that the C compiler produces.

        The minGW package provides a C compiler and a 'make' program. After
        downloading these tools, all you need to do is go into the pl directory,
        edit the Makefile (in order to select options), and then type 'make'.. the
        make program will automatically fire up the C compiler to create the
        needed .o files. Then it will invoke a linker/loader to link all of the
        .o files together to build a .exe file.

        -Steve