Re: [ploticus] Right to left support

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2013
      Hi.... as a first-pass response, there is currently a build option for using ttf fonts.

      I think it would be hard to modify the code to handle RTL in the proper sense since LTR is assumed thruout in lots of low level subroutines etc.  The code was written in C in the late 1990's.  It is GPL so you'd be free to fork a version to play with.   I can't be of much assistance on a project like this either, at the present time.

      However, in ploticus results most of the text is displayed as centered, so wouldn't it get you 90% of the way there just to put in your text and use your RTL font?   Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like this could work without having to modify any code.

      Steve

      On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 6:14 AM, Reza <reza.moshksar@...> wrote:

      Hi, My mother language is Persian and I can help for supporting RTL for ploticus.

      would you please tell me which part of code we should change?
      I can develop cods in python and VB.
      in my opinion it's main problem is using wrong fonts for Arabic glyphs.
      We have some free fonts that they supports Arabic and Hebry as well

      http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Main_Page
      yours,
      Reza