Can I (or how can I) use ploticus to produce stack histograms

  • chrisnelson1022
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2012
      I'm new to ploticus and really liking it but having a little trouble wrapping my head around it.

      I may be missing something but the `dist` prefab allows me to create a histogram of a single column, `multidist` seems to allow me to draw curves of multiple values in rows, and `stack` allows me to create stacked bars of raw data (not quantized into bins). But I can't figure out how to get stacked histograms.

      In the simplest case, I have:

      id,what,who
      1, 0.9, A
      2, 1.0, A
      3, 1.1, B
      4, 1.9, B
      5, 2.0, B
      6, 2.1, A

      and I want a histogram like:

      | B B
      | A B
      | A A
      1 2

      Can I do that with ploticus without pre-processing the data?
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2012
        Hi... I haven't looked at your example too closely, but there is a prefab for making stacked bar graphs etc. described here:  http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/prefab_stack.html

        Scripts have more flexibility than prefabs... some script examples can be seen here:
        http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/gallery/gall.bars.html

        Steve