Ploticus linework

  • irani.fred
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2012
      All of the Ploitcus examples demonstrate visible staircasing in the linework. Is this just due to the display software or is this a ploticus (or pl) characteristic? We are looking for a reliable statistical graphics plotting capability for our modeling effort, but need publishable graphics. Staircasing like this won't do. Can anyone advise us on this?
    • Daniel
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2012
        I believe the correct description is anti-aliased,
        not staircasing. Anyway, gd does have a function:

        void gdImageSetAntiAliased(gdImagePtr im, int c)
        http://www.boutell.com/gd/manual2.0.33.html

        Perhaps this might help. I could be totally wrong,
        since I have not used the function myself, and since
        I know almost nothing about the ploticus source code.

        Daniel