Re: [ploticus] SVG - scalable or not?

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2010
      Hello Joahim,

      I tried this here... using this svg image: http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/gallery/clickmap_area2.svg

      I find that if I resize the firefox window,  the SVG rescales appropriately to fill the available space.

      However if I try to use Firefox  View / Zoom / Zoom in ... nothing happens.

      I don't fully understand all the intricacies of SVG scaling, but my hunch is that Firefox zoom does not support SVG graphics.  Maybe check the Mozilla bug log

      Steve

      On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 5:29 PM, W. Birula <w.birula@...> wrote:

      Hi!

      [this is my first post here]

      When I'm drawing a SVG-chart using ploticus, the output file can't be
      zoomed in/out in Firefox!?!
      Is that a bug or a feature? Do I something wrong? Should I use other
      parameters or change something manually in the output file?

      Best regards,

      joahim

    • hoppfrosch@gmx.de
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2010
        Am 14.11.2010 23:29, schrieb W. Birula:
        > When I'm drawing a SVG-chart using ploticus, the output file can't be
        > zoomed in/out in Firefox!?!
        > Is that a bug or a feature? Do I something wrong? Should I use other
        > parameters or change something manually in the output file?

        Firefox does not offer a interface for zoom/pan yet ... (hopefully):

        http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=401943

        Regards
        Hoppfrosch
      • W. Birula
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 22, 2010
          2010/11/19 <hoppfrosch@...>:

          > Firefox does not offer a interface for zoom/pan yet ... (hopefully):

          So, why I can zoom in/out with [ctrl][+] for example the picture:

          http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e3/Firefox-logo.svg

          and can't do the same with any ploticus-made picture?

          joahim