SVG - scalable or not?

  • W. Birula
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2010
      Hi!

      [this is my first post here]

      When I'm drawing a SVG-chart using ploticus, the output file can't be
      zoomed in/out in Firefox!?!
      Is that a bug or a feature? Do I something wrong? Should I use other
      parameters or change something manually in the output file?

      Best regards,

      joahim
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2010
        Hello Joahim,

        I tried this here... using this svg image: http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/gallery/clickmap_area2.svg

        I find that if I resize the firefox window,  the SVG rescales appropriately to fill the available space.

        However if I try to use Firefox  View / Zoom / Zoom in ... nothing happens.

        I don't fully understand all the intricacies of SVG scaling, but my hunch is that Firefox zoom does not support SVG graphics.  Maybe check the Mozilla bug log

        Steve

      • hoppfrosch@gmx.de
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 18, 2010
          Am 14.11.2010 23:29, schrieb W. Birula:
          > When I'm drawing a SVG-chart using ploticus, the output file can't be
          > zoomed in/out in Firefox!?!
          > Is that a bug or a feature? Do I something wrong? Should I use other
          > parameters or change something manually in the output file?

          Firefox does not offer a interface for zoom/pan yet ... (hopefully):

          http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=401943

          Regards
          Hoppfrosch
        • W. Birula
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 22, 2010
            2010/11/19 <hoppfrosch@...>:

            > Firefox does not offer a interface for zoom/pan yet ... (hopefully):

            So, why I can zoom in/out with [ctrl][+] for example the picture:

            http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e3/Firefox-logo.svg

            and can't do the same with any ploticus-made picture?

            joahim