Automatic Scaling

  • lirany2
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2010
      I just started using ploticus for a project.
      I need to create a graph of a Date vs. Value. (something like this: http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/gallery/simple2annot.htm).

      My problem is I'm trying to get the X-Axis stubs to scale automatically.
      Meaning, the minimum I want to have there is by-months stubs.
      However if there are too many months there to fit in the image I want it to have less labels (for example each 3 months etc.).

      Another way to look at would be that I want the x-axis labels to have absolute constant margins between them, so how many of them will appear will be determined by the image size, font size and amount of time in the data.

      I am unable to figure out a way to do this.

      Thanks,
      Al