legendlabel ignores all text after the first whitespace

  • johnkorbphoto
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27 1:44 PM

      I recently installed Ploticus and some of its examples and I seem to be having a problem where some of the examples do not function properly, as in the legends are truncated at the first whitespace.

      Example. The chart with the blue background and title "TD (Travelers Diarrhea)" does not work properly on my system - in the chart legend the labels are truncated at the first whitespace, so "Mild TD" is displayed as "Mild" on the chart. The directive in the script file (as downloaded from the web page) is:

      legendlabel: Mild TD

      I've tried the following:

      o replacing the blank with an underscore (didn't work), as in:
      legendlabel: Mild_TD

      o enclosing the label in double-quotes (didn't work), as in:
      legendlabel: "Mild TD"

      o enclosing the label in single-quotes (didn't work), as in:
      legendlabel: 'Mild TD'

      Below is information about the server upon which I am running Ploticus.

      Operating System: CentOS 5.2
      Perl: v5.8.8
      Ploticus: ploticus 2.41-Mar2009 (unix). This build can produce: PS EPS SVG SVGZ PNG

      Thanks for your help!

      John
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2010
        Hello... this is a known bug ... please see http://ploticus.sourceforge.net/doc/news.html , the 12 May entry, where a fix is posted.