scatterplot with clickmaplabel

  • berthold_mayer
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2009
      Hello everyone,

      I want to generate a gif-file using 'proc scatterplot'. Further I want to use the clickmap-mouseover-feature of ploticus, so that a label appears when moving the mouse-pointer over a datapoint of the plot, like it is described. This label should contain further information concerning the datapoint. E.g. I have following data in a file (<perl_out_msg.txt>):
      <15 1 18082009 16:45 P 193.500 193.500 mA>. On xaxis datetime is set (using 3rd and 4th entry of file), on yaxis the value is set (using 7th entry , and 5th entry for the data-driven appearance of val). Now I want to give in the (clickmap)label the value of the 2nd entry of the file, like following (part of ploticus-script <board_val.pl> ):
      file: perl_out_data/perl_out_msg.txt
      delimit: space
      pf_fieldnames: datetime nbytes res nr
      filter:
      ##set TIME = @@4
      @@3.@@TIME @@7 @@5 @@2
      #proc legendentry
      sampletype: symbol
      tag: P
      details: shape=square radius=0.04 style=filled fillcolor=green
      label: P

      #proc scatterplot
      xfield: datetime
      yfield: nbytes
      symfield: res
      clickmaplabel: nr

      When I run batch with cmd

      "..\pl" -gif ploticus_scripts\board_val.pl -csmap -mapfile stdout

      I get the plot/gif-file, but the mouseoverlabel doesn't work. Following messages are given:
      <area shape="rect" nohref coords="998,213,1006,221" title="nr" alt="nr" />

      What do I make wrong/forget ?
      There seems to be missing the reference ?
      I tried already to set up "white" bars, but this didn't work either.
      Or is clickmaplabel not intended to work with scatterplot as I want ?

      Thanks a lot,

      best regards,
      Berthold
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2009
        Hello Berthold,

        mouseover on gif images is only possible when viewing an html page via a web browser.

        the <area.. > tags that pl writtes to stdout need to be incorporated into the html that the browser is receiving.  In dynamicly generated html environments such as CGI this kind of happens automatically because stdout is where all the html goes.

        I don't know how else to explain it.

        Steve